Got an Outcast.....now I need batteries and a charger

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dcmkx2001

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Got a 6s Outcast and need some advice on batteries and a charger. I'm making my Christmas list for my family so that will take care of my batteries and charger. I want to stay around or under $100 for the charger, don't want to use a power supply, and dual charging isn't a necessity. I will buy packs that are at least 5000 mah and would prefer a charger that doesn't take forever. The Hota makes me a little leary barbecue the brand doesn't seem as mainstream as HiTech or other common brands. Wan't to make sure their support and updates are going to be there after the sale.

Here are the chargers I am considering.....thoughts, concerns? Im leaning towards the Hota if it will charger faster.

How long could I expect these to charge a 6s 5000+ mah pack?

Hota D6 plus

HiTec RDX1 Pro

HiTec X2 AC Plus Black Edition

As for batteries.....I have a 4s 6500 mah SMC hardcase pack on the way. I am thinking of these brands mainly hard case:

SMC
Power Hobby
Zeee

.....any other decent brands?

Hobbymate D6 duo Pro is my 1st pick, and not because it can do two packs at a time. Shop it. Or just go with a Imax SkyRC B6AC v2.0 charger. Real cheap but rated well. $45. And will do the job for one Pack. It was my first charger. I ended up wanting a better display and accuracy and got the Hobbymate D6. Be careful of the bootleg knockoffs though with the SkyRC. It is veru popular and they were copied. But they clearly look different if you shop them. This is mine, a legit verson.
20191223_181301.jpg
Also the Hobbymate.
20191223_181605.jpg

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back