Typhon Got my first Arrma RC and It's a Typhon!! Need advice.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CL-Audio

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Outcast 6s
Hi all,

Is there anything I should do before I run this thing for the first time? Anything you can think of that when you ran yours later on you were like, dang, I should have thought of that before I bashed with it. Or, I should have checked that, or put this on right from the start, etc? I got a set of Duratrax Banditos coming for running on the street. Ordered the T-bone front and rear bumpers as well.

I plan on at least checking to make sure all the screws are tight. Was hoping to find an outerwears or dusty motors cover for it but it does not look like they make one for Arrma's yet. I saw the universal but not sure which one to get.

Thanks.

Hi all,

Is there anything I should do before I run this thing for the first time? Anything you can think of that when you ran yours later on you were like, dang, I should have thought of that before I bashed with it. Or, I should have checked that, or put this on right from the start, etc? I got a set of Duratrax Banditos coming for running on the street. Ordered the T-bone front and rear bumpers as well.

I plan on at least checking to make sure all the screws are tight. Was hoping to find an outerwears or dusty motors cover for it but it does not look like they make one for Arrma's yet. I saw the universal but not sure which one to get.

Thanks.
If you want a shroud, get "The Toyz" one made for the Slash. It fits my Senton and Kraton perfectly (both with the internal body support tower removed.)

Seriously - you'll love The Toyz Slash shroud.

I personally did nothing to my Arrma's besides T-bone on the Kraton. Just ran em hard right out of the box. They use some steroid induced loctite.... Lol. Seriously I had a hard time getting the motor pinions off of both of mine to throw the bigger pinions on. Lol.

Just give it a once over looking for loose screws, squeeze shocks and listen for air, tighten wheel nuts, then run it! After a few runs, you may open the diffs and make sure there is still fluid in them.

First time you pull the motor mount, make sure you have a soldering iron handy. If the loctite won't release, heat it for 30-60 seconds and try again.

Just give it a once over looking for loose screws, squeeze shocks and listen for air, tighten wheel nuts, then run it! After a few runs, you may open the diffs and make sure there is still fluid in them.

First time you pull the motor mount, make sure you have a soldering iron handy. If the loctite won't release, heat it for 30-60 seconds and try again.
Wish I knew this when I took my Kraton pinion off. Haha 'the Senton wasn't nearly as bad - but man, I mangled and beat up the motor mount trying to get that pinion off!

That's half free hr reason I decided to just screw it and probably run with the stock small pinion on the Typhon when it arrives. We'll see though - this is very good to know.

Hi all,

Thanks.

I give you credit for even taking the time to post this first. Get out there and run!!!!

Just run it. Don't worry it will get very dirty after every run. Make sure to check if servo saver is stuck if it gets very dirty. My most expensive break on typhon is the stripped stock servo gear with stripped servo horn (about 25-30USD total) caused by stuck servo saver probably due to water/grit/rust... It broke after about 10 runs. Stock dBoots will fail one day but that's what it is.

If you want a shroud, get "The Toyz" one made for the Slash. It fits my Senton and Kraton perfectly (both with the internal body support tower removed.)

Seriously - you'll love The Toyz Slash shroud.

I personally did nothing to my Arrma's besides T-bone on the Kraton. Just ran em hard right out of the box. They use some steroid induced loctite.... Lol. Seriously I had a hard time getting the motor pinions off of both of mine to throw the bigger pinions on. Lol.
You think this will fit the Typhon no problems?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back