Kraton Got my first Arrma, This Radio is unnacceptable

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
for me it's 65$ for the cheapest used one I can find.
Is that Canadian dollars because that stuff is as worthless as Monopoly money ?

How is the replacement servo holding up?
when i did the warranty replacement, the guy at the shop strongly suggested i get an aftermarket servo or he'd be seeing my in a couple of weeks to get one then :LOL:. if i recall he said the stock one was "junk" and only costs arrma $5. so i went with his suggestion. i run the 1210sg and have kept the warranty replacement servo as a spare.

Horizon Hobby and Arrma both know about the radio. They keep tabs on forums, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and various other forms of social media. The message is out and clear. This goes back to what I said about researching before buying. Are you saying people spend more time reading reviews for $50 coffee maker than a $500 high speed remote controlled vehicle? Seems naive. Once again, I don't believe the radio is a deal breaker. When you get into vehicles of this speed and size, it's best you know what you're getting into. Buying a new radio and receiver still keeps Arrma at a price that makes them very competitive, and I don't believe that it will affect their market share as much as some think. I'm sure that there will be a change in the radio sooner than later, but in the mean time, people are still buying and enjoying all that Arrma has to offer. This is my opinion, and I don't expect any or all to agree. My issue is coming to visit a forum, and dumping on a brand that we all like and enjoy every day. Explain how 12000 + members have found a way to figure it out, especially those who have bought a rig with the radio in question. Change it. That's the simple solution. Then enjoy these trucks for what they are. Best bashers in the industry.
??% spot on. Much like buying a car with with a AM/FM radio. First thing you did was tear out a working radio and replaced it with a Kraco or Alpine pending your budget. That’s life that’s what you do.

when i did the warranty replacement, the guy at the shop strongly suggested i get an aftermarket servo or he'd be seeing my in a couple of weeks to get one then :LOL:. if i recall he said the stock one was "junk" and only costs arrma $5. so i went with his suggestion. i run the 1210sg and have kept the warranty replacement servo as a spare.

Well he's a great salesman! He sold you quite an expensive servo ?

Woud adding an external antenna improve the range enough to resolve the issue?

It might be a good idea to try something like this :

https://www.flitetest.com/articles/long-range-on-spektrum-for-10
Ok here’s the inside of the STX2 transmitter:

867422FD-D93A-41B4-B09F-F470777C524D.jpeg

D4E2E268-3EA4-4774-9802-11109D026401.jpeg

29C48504-05CF-4898-977F-A4BD0F8F3F9D.jpeg

The part that I’m unsure of is the brass ferrel that is soldered on the antenna. That could be a standard thing, I don’t know. But the antenna is soldered onto the daughterboard at the other end. No SMA connector. The antenna length is about 150mm. A full wavelength for 2.4ghz is 125mm. So this antenna appears longer than a 2.4ghz wavelength and is possibly the issue? ??‍♂️
Kr
??% spot on. Much like buying a car with with a AM/FM radio. First thing you did was tear out a working radio and replaced it with a Kraco or Alpine pending your budget. That’s life that’s what you do.
Kraco? How freaking old are you man? ?

Ok here’s the inside of the STX2 transmitter:

View attachment 50385
View attachment 50386
View attachment 50387

The part that I’m unsure of is the brass ferrel that is soldered on the antenna. That could be a standard thing, I don’t know. But the antenna is soldered onto the daughterboard at the other end. No SMA connector. The antenna length is about 150mm. A full wavelength for 2.4ghz is 125mm. So this antenna appears longer than a 2.4ghz wavelength and is possibly the issue? ??‍♂️
Kr

Kraco? How freaking old are you man? ?
You knew the brand name, so about your age??

Perfect Analogy!

I went ahead and got the tactic tx300.
I like the truck a lot and am just going to eat the cost of the damn radio.
Glad to hear it and hope you stick around. Apologies if I got too nasty. It's a Fanboy thing.

I went ahead and got the tactic tx300.
I like the truck a lot and am just going to eat the cost of the damn radio.

Nice to hear.. eventually we all come around to the fact that if you want to stay in the RC game for any length of time, and actually have some fun, you are going to have to spend some money and get used to taking your car apart to upgrade and repair. At first it can seem like a waste of time and stupid, but once you get used to it its the most satisfying part of RC. Curious to see your impression of the Tactic

The stock Specktrum radio is laughable, but don't get rid of a great truck because of a crap radio.. Get a Tactic ttx300 radio from ebay for $25.. These came on the V3 trucks. Installing the new receiver in the Kraton will literally be a 5 minute or less job, and will require only a #2 hex driver. Your radio issues will be solved. If you haven't swapped a receiver before it really is a easy, simple job
The stock Specktrum radio is laughable, but don't get rid of a great truck because of a crap radio.. Get a Tactic ttx300 radio from ebay for $25.. These came on the V3 trucks. Installing the new receiver in the Kraton will literally be a 5 minute or less job, and will require only a #2 hex driver. Your radio issues will be solved. If you haven't swapped a receiver before it really is a easy, simple job
I’m going to get the ttx300,,,,,,,,what esc should I get to accommodate this radio....

Thanks ,,what I’m trying to figure out if the receiver in my v3 kraton will fit into the new v4 kraton,,can’t seem to find any dimensions on the spectrum rx,,,,looking at the pictures it looks a somewhat smaller than the v3 rx...I guess if the v3 version is to big,,I’ll just have too get a larger rx box.....thanks...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back