Got my first mip tools

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My wife is Canadian, and she's sleeping next to me in California. She made me an honorary Canadian, eh.

Congrats by the way, this is my first reply in this forum. ?
Nice your a lucky man Canadian girls rock I don't know how my wife puts up with me sometimes must be all the Canadian love inside us lol ✌️

Nice your a lucky man Canadian girls rock I don't know how my wife puts up with me sometimes must be all the Canadian love inside us lol ✌
Yup! Something about them Canucks. She's a sweetheart, letting me get a brand spankin' new Kraton 6S BLX. This is my first foray into the world of RC hobby, and I shall be here to stay. My first rc should arrive at my local hobby store at the end of the month. Been looking around these threads for the best tools for the Kraton. Dang expensive, but I'm looking for the best set. Amazon search hasn't been exactly helpful with the MIP brand.

Thoughts on these, vs something from a company like Wera, wiha, or felo?
Mip is by far the best but you get what you pay for I have both Wera and wiha I use for work and enjoy them both but when it comes to rc I go with the best I have yet to strip a screw with my mips and so far I've been using them a lot

Mip is by far the best but you get what you pay for I have both Wera and wiha I use for work and enjoy them both but when it comes to rc I go with the best I have yet to strip a screw with my mips and so far I've been using them a lot
And these MIP tools will work with Kraton 6S BLX, you think?

Yup! Something about them Canucks. She's a sweetheart, letting me get a brand spankin' new Kraton 6S BLX. This is my first foray into the world of RC hobby, and I shall be here to stay. My first rc should arrive at my local hobby store at the end of the month. Been looking around these threads for the best tools for the Kraton. Dang expensive, but I'm looking for the best set. Amazon search hasn't been exactly helpful with the MIP brand.
I know they are a bit pricey but so was your new rig treat it right and it will thank you for it. Nothing could be worst then stripping a set screw then having to try and drill it out. It can become a nightmare
And these MIP tools will work with Kraton 6S BLX, you think?
I have the Kraton 6s V4 you really only need the 2.0mm and 2.5mm those are what I use most and they work amazing

Good to know, I'll look into them. I'm very familiar with Wera, Wiha, Felo, and Klein tools, like them a lot.

Piece of advice tho if your dealing with screws with loc-tight always apply a little bit of heat to the screw and a squirt of Wd40 to help loosen it up. This will also make things way more easy when the time comes

Not sure if I've been lucky so far, but all the screws I've loosened- that weren't already stripped out of the box came out just fine. Albeit with a little bit of elbow grease. Haven't stripped any screws that were too tight, but I did round one over due to poor angle of my allen wrench. Which was entirely my fault.

The motor mount was the second biggest fuss. The one I really had to go chuck norris on though, were the screws that connect the turnbuckles to ackerman bar. Now THAT I was afraid would strip out. Whatever Arrma is using seems like an in between of blue and red. Closer to red locktite. Even JB weld don't hold screws this tight.

Not sure if I've been lucky so far, but all the screws I've loosened- that weren't already stripped out of the box came out just fine. Albeit with a little bit of elbow grease. Haven't stripped any screws that were too tight, but I did round one over due to poor angle of my allen wrench. Which was entirely my fault.

The motor mount was the second biggest fuss. The one I really had to go chuck norris on though, were the screws that connect the turnbuckles to ackerman bar. Now THAT I was afraid would strip out. Whatever Arrma is using seems like an in between of blue and red. Closer to red locktite. Even JB weld don't hold screws this tight.

Was this on a newer one? Bought within the last 4 or 5 months?

Was this on a newer one? Bought within the last 4 or 5 months?
Nope, older model. Maybe V2? not entirely sure. It has the Tactic rx. I got my motor mount from M2C today, and started the install. I'm going to update my thoughts, that the pinion gear is now the most difficult thing I've ever tried to remove from my car. Personally for me, I try not to apply heat to anything when there's surrounding plastic for fear of overheating something. Today I had to give in, and use a mini torch to get it off. The amount of red loctite or whatever it was, is staggering.

Nope, older model. Maybe V2? not entirely sure. It has the Tactic rx. I got my motor mount from M2C today, and started the install. I'm going to update my thoughts, that the pinion gear is now the most difficult thing I've ever tried to remove from my car. Personally for me, I try not to apply heat to anything when there's surrounding plastic for fear of overheating something. Today I had to give in, and use a mini torch to get it off. The amount of red loctite or whatever it was, is staggering.

I’ve heard heard the horror stories about the red thread lock but haven’t personally experienced it. I had a V3 Kraton that didn’t have that issue and my V4(?) Typhon had blue thread lock which I bought in January. I think they may have finally changed it. That or I’m just lucky lol

They did mention that they addressed the thread-lock issue back in or prior April. They do listen to users concerns. They also mentioned that this is typically a training issues as well (amount) and they have a high turnover on assemblers, especially under today's circumstances i.e. no guarantee.

They did mention that they addressed the thread-lock issue back in or prior April. They do listen to users concerns. They also mentioned that this is typically a training issues as well (amount) and they have a high turnover on assemblers, especially under today's circumstances i.e. no guarantee.
I noticed that. Just to be clear, I'm not flaming Arrma in any way, in fact I love them. I rather have to go hulk on a screw than to lose it during a bash session.

Back to MIP, I must get my hands on some soon!

I noticed that. Just to be clear, I'm not flaming Arrma in any way, in fact I love them. I rather have to go hulk on a screw than to lose it during a bash session.

Back to MIP, I must get my hands on some soon!

It’s all good brother. I knew you weren’t.

MIP needs to get with it and make some 4mm and 5mm for us with 1/5 scale.
I got the 3 piece hex set set for $37 CAD 2 years ago now.
Bought the Metric and SAE.
Also got their speed tips and a set of Huddy's which are longer.
I ordered the from Arrowmax cause of the larger sizes and they are quite good also.

Yes, MIP needs to produce a 4mm hex.
those arrowmax look great...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back