Limitless Got my limitless today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xxl

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
  2. Kraton 6s
Went to the local hoby shop for a charger walked out with that and limitless. I always thought it was a cool car but when i saw it wowowow. Had to take it home. Its more than i need but oh well. Whats some good motors to look at for it. Dosent have to be insane fast just a good fun motor. Not sure where i can go do speed runs over 100 mph. Also i heard if you put a 50 tooth diff in the middle instead of the pipe its much better. I ll probaly just start running it on 4s. I do want water proof componets. This will be one sweet car

Went to the local hoby shop for a charger walked out with that and limitless. I always thought it was a cool car but when i saw it wowowow. Had to take it home. Its more than i need but oh well. Whats some good motors to look at for it. Dosent have to be insane fast just a good fun motor. Not sure where i can go do speed runs over 100 mph. Also i heard if you put a 50 tooth diff in the middle instead of the pipe its much better. I ll probaly just start running it on 4s. I do want water proof componets. This will be one sweet car
Nice. They are always on hold for someone at the LHS. ?

where are you located? i bet they could order you one where i got mine

If you’re not out to break records then the stock Arrma BLX185 / 2050kv setup is pretty good. If you want more speed than that, the Max6 ESC with the Arrma 2050kv motor would be a bit faster and have more options. Going up to a Castle XLX would get you into the pro territory and open up even more speed and options. Depends on your goals and budget.

where are you located? i bet they could order you one where i got mine
It's okay. I just unloaded my granite at the LHS since I want to reduce my fleet to the Kraton Outcast and Typhon 6s models. Thanks anyways. ? I'm in south Texas.
I went to the LHS for a pinion and left with an almost new looking Outcast 6s ?.

The center differential is for track driving. Not needed for a drifter or speed runner. You should keep the spool.

My question is.... what is the expectation?
There are many people who are surprised that you can only make 1-2 passes and then have to let it sit for 10 minutes to cool off.

I can help you design 3 types of systems:

1. Runs 80-100mph and can do it till the battery is dead. (good as a parking lot basher, drifting, and occasional speed run)
2. Cheap as possible still capable of 100mph (BLX 2050 as setup in the infraction)
3. Something real fast and not cheap (dedicated straight line speed or drag setup)

-Liberty

Welcome to the Arrma forum @xxl! Love that story, only because we're all susceptible to similar fates. Walked in for A arm, walked out with $300 in parts?. Make sure to post pics of your new Limitless and hope you have a blast running it.

thanks for the advice
The center differential is for track driving. Not needed for a drifter or speed runner. You should keep the spool.

My question is.... what is the expectation?
There are many people who are surprised that you can only make 1-2 passes and then have to let it sit for 10 minutes to cool off.

I can help you design 3 types of systems:

1. Runs 80-100mph and can do it till the battery is dead. (good as a parking lot basher, drifting, and occasional speed run)
2. Cheap as possible still capable of 100mph (BLX 2050 as setup in the infraction)
3. Something real fast and not cheap (dedicated straight line speed or drag setup)

-Liberty

Defintly not going the cheap route i have tried that and ended up with head achs. Not out for trying to top any ones speed run i would say a good parking lot racer witha bit of pep. Probaly start off running 4s

I am all about Castle ESCs for power delivery, but with that said they can be a little more "sensitive" than HobbyWing. From my experience HW ESCs are very tuff. They take a beating and keep on going. This is why most bashers on this forum use them.

My recommended setup with be a HW Max 6 and a motor in the 1600-2000 kv range.
Larger the can the better for heat dissipation. Maybe something like this 4985 combo below?

https://www.amainhobbies.com/hobbyw...tor-combo-w-4985sl-1650kv-hwa38010801/p971791

Pretty much what @Peeeenuuutt said.
The 2200 combo would be great if you plan on staying with 4s forever. If you run it on 6s with this large of a vehicle it will overheat in a hurry. This is why I recommended a larger motor with a lower KV.
A motor that is good for 4s will never be great for 6s or 8s. You can imagine them as driving a car that only has 3rd gear or one that has 5th gear. Each gear has its ideal range and same goes for brushless motors.

The radio id like to use is the spectrum DX5 rugged it will also replace the stock radio in the kraton. Id like to take advantage of the telemetry feature. Are most escs compatable with spectrum? will 6s or 8s kill a motor in the 1600 to 2000Kv range?

The radio id like to use is the spectrum DX5 rugged it will also replace the stock radio in the kraton. Id like to take advantage of the telemetry feature. Are most escs compatable with spectrum? will 6s or 8s kill a motor in the 1600 to 2000Kv range?
6s will be fine usually up to 2200kv. 8s is strictly below 1500kv. I’ve run a neu- castle 1515 2200kv on 8s for speed runs back in the day, but upon taking it apart after about a years use, you could tell it was very well worn out. I suggest staying 6s if that’s the kv range you want.

Will the 1600to 1900 kv tolerat 4s ?

this is what i ll be doing with mine alot

1500-2200 KV is the ideal range for 6s use but you have to consider that this is also for 1/8 and 1/10 cars. Your 1/7 has some significant extra weight and size to move. Staying in the lower end range of that KV range will help keep the motor cool. Either way you will likely need motor fans.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back