Got my M2C chassis installed on my outcast.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olds97_lss

Bash Break Repeat!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
  2. Outcast 6s
So many screws... but at least it's done. My stock chassis no longer had any kick up in the front and the rear was bent down. The T2T brace I had wouldn't even go on after installing the chassis. I had to modify it to get it to fit. I know it's not overly necessary anymore, but I kind of still wanted to keep it to avoid having the rear bulkhead snap in half.
2019-0907-Outcast-M2C-Chassis-BatterySide.jpg

2019-0907-Outcast-M2C-Chassis-ESCSide-Close.jpg

2019-0907-Outcast-M2C-Chassis-Bottom.jpg

I got their rear skid plate protector as well. Looks kind of goofy over the t-bone skid/bumper. The steel one I had made July 2018 was worn paper thin and needed replaced anyway. Guess I'll see how well theirs holds up.

I also put the arrma metal diff cup in the center diff, dropped my oil weight from 500k to 300k and replaced my steering ball ends in hopes that they stop popping off constantly. I should get the v3/v4 balls/ends. I'll do that if these fall off a lot.

I think I'll also try and find time to finally cut/install the ProBodyRC indestructible body on it before I run next.

EDIT:
Hacked up the body, threw some stickers on it and installed it:
2019-0911-Outcast-ProBodyRC-BodyInstalled-Side.jpg

I do not have a knack for bodies and stuff... lol!

Last edited:
So many screws... but at least it's done. My stock chassis no longer had any kick up in the front and the rear was bent down. The T2T brace I had wouldn't even go on after installing the chassis. I had to modify it to get it to fit. I know it's not overly necessary anymore, but I kind of still wanted to keep it to avoid having the rear bulkhead snap in half.
2019-0907-Outcast-M2C-Chassis-BatterySide.jpg

2019-0907-Outcast-M2C-Chassis-ESCSide-Close.jpg

2019-0907-Outcast-M2C-Chassis-Bottom.jpg

I got their rear skid plate protector as well. Looks kind of goofy over the t-bone skid/bumper. The steel one I had made July 2018 was worn paper thin and needed replaced anyway. Guess I'll see how well theirs holds up.

I also put the arrma metal diff cup in the center diff, dropped my oil weight from 500k to 300k and replaced my steering ball ends in hopes that they stop popping off constantly. I should get the v3/v4 balls/ends. I'll do that if these fall off a lot.

I think I'll also try and find time to finally cut/install the ProBodyRC indestructible body on it before I run next.
Congrats! You will love it!!!

Looking good, like to do my OC but the Kraton needs it first.

Nice! Love mine for my Outcast/Notorious. I have the new m2c rear spool brace (it was a ? to drill out the jbi 6mm 7075t6 towers), but wow you can feel how solid the truck is. No more rattle sound when landing, just a solid THUD!?

I do not have a knack for bodies and stuff... lol! Had to shave a bit off the front edge of the wheel well. The trenchers rubbed on it at full lock. Took this photo before that.

Not sure if I should tape it or not. Anyone have any opinion on that? It's the ProBodyRC stuff. Feels like a garbage can type plastic. Soft and stretchy.

I do not have a knack for bodies and stuff... lol! Had to shave a bit off the front edge of the wheel well. The trenchers rubbed on it at full lock. Took this photo before that.

Not sure if I should tape it or not. Anyone have any opinion on that? It's the ProBodyRC stuff. Feels like a garbage can type plastic. Soft and stretchy.
First off, I like your style
20190831_160211.jpg

As far as taping, could it hurt except for a bit of weight?

As far as taping, could it hurt except for a bit of weight?

I suppose not. I guess I could at least tape the problem areas heavily I had on the original body then only a layer or two everywhere else. However, a large portion of those is mitigated by making the center tower taller so the top of the cab touches it. Like the crack at the base of the windshield and the back of the door seams, then later at the base of the rear window. All of which are due to roof landings and the body buckling with only the front lip of the bed making contact with the center tower. So really, the only place I may still have issues is the rear end.

I have had mine for over a year and see no reason to tape it.

I have had mine for over a year and see no reason to tape it.
No issues with the body mount holes? Not sure I could add much reinforcement around that area anyway. As it is, I had to elongate the holes in the body posts so I could get the pins to fit in there since the body is so thick.

No issues with the body mount holes? Not sure I could add much reinforcement around that area anyway. As it is, I had to elongate the holes in the body posts so I could get the pins to fit in there since the body is so thick.
Nope none whatsoever. Mine does have some holes in it now but that's from doing roof slides on asphalt, it wears it down pretty quick.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back