Got my new 4s 5250 35c mA lipo,NO XT90'S

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cater4anytink

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Got my new battery but wish I had of gt one or paid extra to have xt90's fitted with it..I've gt some space xt's but don't think my butane soldering iron isn't good enough to do the job as my first solder was pathetic lol.. I think with the voltage and cost of my setup I should probably gt it done right.

I tap the connectors out of the plastic housings and solder them on, then tap them back in. Just the way I found easier for me.

I tap the connectors out of the plastic housings and solder them on, then tap them back in. Just the way I found easier for me.
That is a very good tip. I never thought of that. Would have been way more useful to know before I made the decision to go to XT150 connectors. Haha

I'm a newbie when it comes to R/C vehicles, but an old hand when it comes to DIY electronics (20+ years)

I have 3 soldering irons, and just last week I used my butane soldering iron to put on XT90 connectors to my new batteries.

The best tips I can provide are:

Prep is the key- Get everything ready before you start.

0. Eye protection- safety first
00. Electrical tape- block off the terminal you're not using, to avoid accidentally touching the + & - terminals of the lipo battery and causing a short circuit

1. Make sure iron full butane (don't run out halfway through a job)
2. Something to clamp the XT 90 connector still (eg. Eg. Soldering ''Helping hands', Heavy wrench, or pliers with rubber band)
3. Don't spend too much time on the cable whose other end is connected to the lipo. After turning on the iron, turn it down, and use just enough heat to melt solder.

Watch a few videos on YouTube to get a feel for difference approaches.
Here's one way of doing things (despite being in French)

Last edited:
I'm a newbie when it comes to R/C vehicles, but an old hand when it comes to DIY electronics (20+ years)

I have 3 soldering irons, and just last week I used my butane soldering iron to put on XT90 connectors to my new batteries.

The best tips I can provide are:

Prep is the key- Get everything ready before you start.

0. Eye protection- safety first
00. Electrical tape- block off the terminal you're not using, to avoid accidentally touching the + & - terminals of the LiPo battery and causing a short circuit

1. Make sure iron full butane (don't run out halfway through a job)
2. Something to clamp the XT 90 connector still (eg. Eg. Soldering ''Helping hands', Heavy wrench, or pliers with rubber band)
3. Don't spend too much time on the cable whose other end is connected to the LiPo. After turning on the iron, turn it down, and use just enough heat to melt solder.

Watch a few videos on YouTube to get a feel for difference approaches.
Here's one way of doing things (despite being in French)

I think tapping the connectors out of the plastic housing is a good idea...I've spoke to an rc shop by me who said they would do it for £5 so I'm more than happy with that

I think tapping the connectors out of the plastic housing is a good idea...I've spoke to an rc shop by me who said they would do it for £5 so I'm more than happy with that

That's a fair deal. I'd go with that if my LHS offered that service.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back