Got my new nut drivers today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ifgoneleaveamessage

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 3s
Getting back into rc has been very enjoyable. Since Christmas I've been having a lot of fun with my senton 3s. The inevitable tire blowout forced me to get some tools for the job since the plastic wheel wrench they included stripped out the second I attempted to use it. After a lot of research I decided not to go with mip strictly on the pricing. Bits wear out, end of story. So I went with dynamite machined driver with replaceable tips for the hex drivers; they will arrive shortly but today the nut wrenches came in. I was less concerned with the quality of the nut drivers so I went with a cheap dynamite set with plastic handles. They fit perfectly in the stock rims so that was my only concern.

Anyone else get this set or the metal dynamite hex drivers with replaceable tips?
I'm so excited to get my truck operational again. It's been 6 weeks waiting on warranties on tires and then getting wheel wrenches so I'm itching for a romp in the snow.

20220215_104959.jpg

For the Dynamite hex driver set with replaceable tips, are you talking about the DYNT2030 (with aluminum red anodized handles and blue endcap)? I have a set and it is perfectly fine. I like the feel and the tip quality is adequate. I think MIP hex drivers are made from higher quality metal, but the Dynamite set is perfectly fine to work on a 3S vehicle. You also need quite a long 2mm hex driver tip for the driveshafts of your Senton 3S and the MIP is too short for that...so the Dynamite set is an excellent choice IMO.

For the nut driver set, I have the Dynamite DYNT2010 and l like it a lot. As you said, no need to go crazy on quality for nut drivers.

Getting back into rc has been very enjoyable. Since Christmas I've been having a lot of fun with my senton 3s. The inevitable tire blowout forced me to get some tools for the job since the plastic wheel wrench they included stripped out the second I attempted to use it. After a lot of research I decided not to go with mip strictly on the pricing. Bits wear out, end of story. So I went with dynamite machined driver with replaceable tips for the hex drivers; they will arrive shortly but today the nut wrenches came in. I was less concerned with the quality of the nut drivers so I went with a cheap dynamite set with plastic handles. They fit perfectly in the stock rims so that was my only concern.

Anyone else get this set or the metal dynamite hex drivers with replaceable tips?
I'm so excited to get my truck operational again. It's been 6 weeks waiting on warranties on tires and then getting wheel wrenches so I'm itching for a romp in the snow.

View attachment 200218
I don't use nut drivers as I have a 1/4" handle with all the sockets imaginable. For hex drivers, I have 1.5mm 2mm and 2.5mm MIP plus a 2mm and 2.5mm long shaft dynamite as well as a 2mm stubby one. The Dynamite are okay but I would never trust one to crack a screw that's going into one of the aluminum parts of my rc's. I thread lock all those screws and even after heating them with a mini torch, they need a great driver to crack the bond. Obviously not as much of a concern on the 3s line, but I've had some screws that felt welded in on my 3s rigs too.

View attachment 200218
I have had those and the hex set for a few years and they work fine. I also have the anodised (handle) set of (3) dynomite hex drivers and they are prrtty much all i use, they have been around since probably 2010 and are still my goto.

For the Dynamite hex driver set with replaceable tips, are you talking about the DYNT2030 (with aluminum red anodized handles and blue endcap)? I have a set and it is perfectly fine. I like the feel and the tip quality is adequate. I think MIP hex drivers are made from higher quality metal, but the Dynamite set is perfectly fine to work on a 3S vehicle. You also need quite a long 2mm hex driver tip for the driveshafts of your Senton 3S and the MIP is too short for that...so the Dynamite set is an excellent choice IMO.

For the nut driver set, I have the Dynamite DYNT2010 and l like it a lot. As you said, no need to go crazy on quality for nut drivers.
Yeah, that's the set. Glad to know they're long enough, that was one of my concerns
That looks like the same set I have. They're cheap but the quality is acceptable. You're right that nut drivers tend to wear less quickly in most R/C applications than hex drivers and the steel doesn't need to be as hard.
Seems I've picked a half decent offering to do my little tinkering :)
I don't use nut drivers as I have a 1/4" handle with all the sockets imaginable. For hex drivers, I have 1.5mm 2mm and 2.5mm MIP plus a 2mm and 2.5mm long shaft dynamite as well as a 2mm stubby one. The Dynamite are okay but I would never trust one to crack a screw that's going into one of the aluminum parts of my rc's. I thread lock all those screws and even after heating them with a mini torch, they need a great driver to crack the bond. Obviously not as much of a concern on the 3s line, but I've had some screws that felt welded in on my 3s rigs too.
I'll have to be careful how much force I use- hopefully I won't run into trouble with my 3s but I've been running this winter and notice rusty screws already so it could get interesting down the road.
I have had those and the hex set for a few years and they work fine. I also have the anodised (handle) set of (3) dynomite hex drivers and they are prrtty much all i use, they have been around since probably 2010 and are still my goto.
That sounds encouraging. How often have you replaced tips?

Last edited:
I too have a set of the Dynamite red handle. The only issue i have had was the 2.5mm grub screw on the handle came loose. Turned out the threaded hole in the handle was bad...maybe cross threaded from manufacturer I don't know.
I just tapped in bigger size thread and put at short screw in place of the grub/set screw. Problem solved.

I too have a set of the Dynamite red handle. The only issue i have had was the 2.5mm grub screw on the handle came loose. Turned out the threaded hole in the handle was bad...maybe cross threaded from manufacturer I don't know.
I just tapped in bigger size thread and put at short screw in place of the grub/set screw. Problem solved

Neat fix. Ill have to remember that if I get into trouble. Did you have any locktite on the grub screw?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back