Got sent 15.2v 4s batteries instead of 14.8V. XLX2 no go. How about Max 5 esc?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Same happens to me today they send me powerhobby 8000mah 15.2v? My question is this is safe i can run this battery whit my xlx2 800kv?
Yes, just charge them as you would charge a normal lipo. I've been using them for months now. Like it was mentioned before, my charger has the HV lipo option, which I will never use.

I was wrong according to their website they are HV batteries.

Now if you have a high voltage cell they charge up to 4.35 each and you can exceed total voltage.
HIgh Voltage Lipos peak at 4.35 volts, Yes. Standard plain Jane ones are 4.2v Max. Many ESC's cannot handle HV lipos. Quality ESC's usually will not even initialize seeing the HV voltage. ESC won't turn ON. HV lipos are expensive. Don't make the mistake of buying them, if you can't use it. But most any decent charger can be adjusted to charge a HV lipo. And if your charger allows, you can just charge HV lipo cells to just a 4.2v limit, if you wanted to. It will be fine with the ESC.
Batteries usually list the volts on their packs and if a HV, it must say so somewhere.
The voltage shown on the Lipo label is the "Nominal voltage". Some cheap lipo brands are incorrectly labeled. Been there. Be careful.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back