Kraton Got Wheelie's???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CL-Audio

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Outcast 6s
Hi guys,
Loving my Kraton. So far I'm stock except for Tekno green and yellow springs, mudguards, T-bone bumpers front and back, and Sweep Road crushers for asphalt. Up next, GKA brace and servo mount and eventual servo upgrade. (God knows which servo to pick, but Savox seems the obvious choice).

My question is, should I be able to pop wheelies stock on 4S or 6S? The reason I ask is I cannot. I can lift the front a bit, but no true wheelies. The lipos I'm using are SMC 6S 4300MAH 40C constant 80C burst and SMC 4S 6500MAH 60C constant 120C burst.

Do I need to change the center diff oil to pop wheelies? Do I need to slap in the optional pinion? Also, if I did slap in the speed pinion does that mean bashing would cause overheating since it explicitly says not for off road use?

Thanks guys, keep bashing!!

You need to at least swap center diff lube out for heavier, all power goes to front wheels as soon as it's applied I run 100k in my center and 50 front 100 rear and it will pop wheelies about any time I want, on 6s I can barley keep front down I run badlands, 2 7200mah 70c 3s spc lipos and 14 tooth pinion. I've ran a 15, 16 and 17 as well. 17 is wayyyy to much for bashing but 15 and 16 were not bad had to watch temps while hard running with 14 it does not get over 135 just straight pounding it till packs die, about 45 minutes.

Running 50K front, 200K center, 30K rear. Running the Truggy size Badlands, 14 tooth pinion. 5S, 5200 mAh, 50C.

Thunder Tiger wheelie bar. The stock Kraton out of the box doesn't wheel stand much at all. 100K to 500K in the center is the zone I played around with. I'm happy with 200K, can't complain.

My center diff silicon is Team Associated 200K.

Thanks guys. Good to know. Think I will try out the 14T since it's in the box. Will put diff oil on my list to research. I have never done any diff work yet. Definitely don't want to make it uncontrollable with to much wheelie action. Just a happy medium when I want to.

Thanks guys. Good to know. Think I will try out the 14T since it's in the box. Will put diff oil on my list to research. I have never done any diff work yet. Definitely don't want to make it uncontrollable with to much wheelie action. Just a happy medium when I want to.

That's what I learned to love about having a center diff. At about 100K is where mine started to push more power to the rear wheels. I bumped up to some 200K and it's good for me. I was running 6S at the time, 12T, and Castle Creation 2200KV. Now I'm 5S, and the stock motor. I use a different ESC that has the ability to set a throttle curve. Between the curve, the punch setting and the center diff silicon thickness, it gave me the ability to smooth out the power. You have a punch setting in your ESC...use that also to get the feel you like.

I use 30K - 500K -10K in the diffs.
500K is mega thick and diff action is very very slow so the Kraton rips the front off the ground in a hurry. But like Vanning said, you can play with ESC settings to smooth things out.
I have my punch set at level 5 and it helps.

I use 30K - 500K -10K in the diffs.
500K is mega thick and diff action is very very slow so the Kraton rips the front off the ground in a hurry. But like Vanning said, you can play with ESC settings to smooth things out.
I have my punch set at level 5 and it helps.

Same for me, running Hobbyparts Truggy size tires,, it rips. I haven't tried my 3.8 trenchers yet, but 5-6s works great with 30/500/10

You need to at least swap center diff lube out for heavier, all power goes to front wheels as soon as it's applied I run 100k in my center and 50 front 100 rear and it will pop wheelies about any time I want, on 6s I can barley keep front down I run badlands, 2 7200mah 70c 3s spc lipos and 14 tooth pinion. I've ran a 15, 16 and 17 as well. 17 is wayyyy to much for bashing but 15 and 16 were not bad had to watch temps while hard running with 14 it does not get over 135 just straight pounding it till packs die, about 45 minutes.
Josh , why did you go lighter in the front than rear ? Seems like everyone does the opposite.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back