Notorious Gotta new Notorious...any tips?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EKM904

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 4s
  2. Outcast 4s
gotta new Notorious today. Its my first 6s Arrma, so any tips I need to know about? I'm very experienced on the 3 and 4s lineup, and too aware of the issues with them. I'm hoping I don't have the same problems with this. From the looks of it I shouldn't. Thanks!

Replace it with a MT410.
I'm just kidding!

The most impactful thing I've done to my 6S outcast was adding fans on the motor and upgrading the ESC fan - motor in particular would get really hot and this setup makes an immense difference. If yours gets hot as well, this thread should have what you need.

The rest of the upgrades I've done were mostly about crash damage. I agree with the basic exhortation to not drive like an idiot (which I continue to do, just with less nose landings and cartwheeling). It sounds like that may not be an issue for you - enjoy, it's such a fun rig!

All that said, there are stickies about recommended upgrades, and you can go nuts.

Thanks. I fly planes too, and can land those pretty well, trucks not so much. I guess I'll just have to put it to the test and see how well it takes the abuse. Its such a big difference in parts from the 4s line, which I'm VERY happy about, cause they don't hold up, mostly drive train issues, especially on 4s. Put more diffs, and rear driveshafts then I care to count. Have a granite 3s, and cant break it, that thing is crazy tough.

Thats the true trick...if only I was that good.

Ok well then keep practicing on the 4s stuff. Its cheaper to repair? Idk if it matters but i run without the front sway bar. Tried running without the rear and twisted the chassis. I do 15 ft high jumps onto dirt and don't have issues breaking stuff because i land it flat.

The servo saver has some bushings in from factory if you ditch those for bearings the stock servo turns better. I do some pretty dumb stuff with mine with a big dumb motor and the only part I actually broke was a axle that got bent. Fans are also a good idea especially if you have some high mah packs for those long bashes.

That seems to be a good idea. I was kinda shocked not to see a fan on the motor. The first thing I did was change the servo, and the reviever. I will be so happy when Arrma gets rid of the STX2. I don't know of anyone that has said one thing good about it.

Aluminum chassis braces would be good to save your chassis I would think? I launched my Typhon repeatedy 20ft in the air with a bunch of bad landings and bent the chassis and broke a plastic chassis brace. Also bent the front driveshaft...center diff is mashed as well. It was a fun day. I wonder if aluminum chassis braces could have saved a few parts from damage?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back