Typhon Gpm 7075 motor mount

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think alot of it depends on how thick the motor plate is. The HR one isn't much different from the regular 5mm one from arrma and both seemed to have the same failure rate. I've reguarly crashed and beat my big rock since having put in the 6mm mount and it's held up just find.

The crucial gain on the new 6mm mounts is that there is more material--not just from being thicker, but they also cut out less material around where the pinion sits (https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/arrma-3s-thicker-6mm-motor-plate.50462/). All of that significantly strengthens the motor plate. This GPM one looks to suffer from the same flaws as the HR one and the original 5mm arrma one. I'd probably pass.

The problem isn't the motor mount, it's the over-flex of the chassis... on hard landings, the end of the motor comes in contact with the chassis, which then allows that force to transfer thru to the motor mount, usually resulting in a bent plate... M2C now has a bash bar available for all 3/4s vehicles that supports the chassis and helps stop the over-flexing of it which is the root of the problem... the bash bar is around $55 iirc

The problem isn't the motor mount, it's the over-flex of the chassis... on hard landings, the end of the motor comes in contact with the chassis, which then allows that force to transfer thru to the motor mount, usually resulting in a bent plate... M2C now has a bash bar available for all 3/4s vehicles that supports the chassis and helps stop the over-flexing of it which is the root of the problem... the bash bar is around $55 iirc
I have to disagree. Every picture i have seen of bent motor mounts, and every personal motor mount of mine that's bent, have all bent exactly the same: the plate is bent in the middle at the weakest point in the metal--the motor screw slots. The bend is from forward impacts, the motor plate pulling forward or pulling away from the power module. Not from shear force or bending up/down motion of the motor, otherwise there would be different bend patterns present in the motor plates, such as the motor plate being twisted.

If contact of the motor with the chassis was the culprit, you'd have the same issue on almost all the 6s trucks. Almost every 6s truck has the same motor indents on the chassis in the same location where contact happens. The fact is that arrma didn't include a very robustly designed motor plate with the original release, and they even recognized it. That's pretty evident by the fact that they discontinued the 5mm motor plate and now only ship 3s trucks with the 6mm motor plate.

I looked at the m2c one but it's over £70 in UK so really can't justify that. So went with the new arrma one.

Hadn't noticed how little meat is left around the pinion on the gpm one

My original motor mount was V2 so much stronger than v3

but they also cut out less material around where the pinion
Yeah, here right. I hadn’t thought about the benefits of not having the motor mount screws cut in. Cool. All I know is it’s very sturdy and I haven’t been able to bend it yet, even at the skate park.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back