GPM Aluminum Suspension Arms K8S

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

14u24me

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I see GPM now has Aluminum Suspension Arms for the K8S....What are your thoughts on these? can't be much worse than whats on it now, which is on backorder from horizon..GPM has alot of parts for the K8S..your thoughts??

I see GPM now has Aluminum Suspension Arms for the K8S....What are your thoughts on these? can't be much worse than whats on it now, which is on backorder from horizon..GPM has alot of parts for the K8S..your thoughts??
First, I wouldn't run aluminum arms on a truck I bash. It will just transfer the force of impact to the next weakest spot, which would be the pin mount. I'd rather replace an arm. Second, GPM is known for crappy aluminum so my guess is they would bend on the first nasty hit. Hard pass.

raw.png

Not trying to sound like a broken record but everyone above is correct, aluminum a arms on a basher is just asking for trouble. They are for bling and that is about it, same goes for most of their parts to be honest.

The only parts I would buy from Gpm are the axle carriers but I haven't really found a need for them on the Arrma rigs as the stock ones work just fine, I've broken 1 on my 6s in the past 2.5 years, the 6s servo mount and maybe the 3s diff yolks.

I haven't ran an all-aluminum setup since my very old Rampage buggy that came used with all the upgrades & I never found a reason to switch them out - but it was ALL aluminum, everything. It had no weak points to get wrecked by rigid arms. That's the only way it could possibly be done. It sounds like a fun experiment to see what would blow up first. The K8S's arms are much longer than any 1/5 & will be thicker/heavier than most AL 1/5 arms as well. No one really bashes with AL arms simply as a matter of fact, but there are no videos or references showing the carnage so I could care less about any of that. Most of the 1/5s I have can go all-aluminum but the 5T & DB would both end up as 2K+ beasts that never leave the garage, not that they do anyway since I got the K8S :ROFLMAO: Then there's the old Rampage that needs a power plant & another Redcat project I just started. Neither needs it since the stock parts are more than sufficient. That leaves the K8S which I don't mind being the Guinea pig. It's much newer than any of them & the parts are very cheap for the amount of material they use. Plus between GPM & HR, I have everything except the arms so I might as well bite the bullet. I just hope the beast don't wreck my new ramp :LOL:

I watched a dude with an all aluminum savage many years ago. Was a mismash of integy and GPM. He was flying along through a parking lot, WOT and lost control. It cartwheeled a few times. Bent 3 out of the 4 arms to the point they wouldn't hardly move up and down, destroyed the front/rear skids and bent the hinge pins pretty badly. Guessing those weren't fun taking out. He was very sad.

It sure looked all pretty and sparkly as it cartwheeled to it's death though. ;)

I watched a dude with an all aluminum savage many years ago. Was a mismash of integy and GPM. He was flying along through a parking lot, WOT and lost control. It cartwheeled a few times. Bent 3 out of the 4 arms to the point they wouldn't hardly move up and down, destroyed the front/rear skids and bent the hinge pins pretty badly. Guessing those weren't fun taking out. He was very sad.

It sure looked all pretty and sparkly as it cartwheeled to it's death though. ;)
When I was looking at building an E-Maxx back in the day, I found Fast Lane Machine made aluminum a arms for the E/T-Maxx, everyone said not to get them as the hinge pins would bend and getting them out was a major pain in the ace.

When I was looking at building an E-Maxx back in the day, I found Fast Lane Machine made aluminum a arms for the E/T-Maxx, everyone said not to get them as the hinge pins would bend and getting them out was a major pain in the ace.
Yes... it was a pain even with just alloy bulkheads. Had to carefully dremel them in the middle to cut them in half then pull half from the front and half from the rear. They would bend in a bad crash with RPM arms and alloy bulkheads. I went through soooooo many hinge pins on that thing. Was a stupid design as they didn't capture the front of the hinge pins like EVERY OTHER TRUCK ON THE F'ING PLANET!

Sorry, kind of went off the rails there.

Yes... it was a pain even with just alloy bulkheads. Had to carefully dremel them in the middle to cut them in half then pull half from the front and half from the rear. They would bend in a bad crash with RPM arms and alloy bulkheads. I went through soooooo many hinge pins on that thing. Was a stupid design as they didn't capture the front of the hinge pins like EVERY OTHER TRUCK ON THE F'ING PLANET!

Sorry, kind of went off the rails there.
My E-Maxx died a terrible death at the hands of a nameless person who decided to alloy the thing to a perfect basher :rolleyes: But the Trx junk he kept on it like the pins constantly turned into U's making them impossible to remove w/o cutting them. Then he ran it into a cart rack & taco'd it. The arms were the only parts not bent. But it had alloy bumpers too so all that force went straight into the chassis. I really did hate that truck. I gave him a Stampy for destroying it so completely :ROFLMAO: He still has it though.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back