Big Rock GPM cvd’s any lube requirements?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They shouldnt but id do it any way prolong the life you got pics ?
Any suggestions on type or brand. I’ve been using a carpenters pencil.

image.jpg

Any suggestions on type or brand. I’ve been using a carpenters pencil.

View attachment 169249
Thats nice i can't wait for mine to come in im getting it in orange & a carpenter pencil ? For what & i use red and tack from lucas oil company they probably sell it at your local auto store & i have little babies so i use a old baby syringe and inject it in hard to get to spots so its not every where

For the CVD’s lol 😆 I use the same on diff gears.
Was breaking a set of stock per battery pack to the point that it wouldn’t allow me to use 100% setting. Turning was an issue too so I went to 30k in rear and tested. I like it won’t wheelie right off the line. I not a big jumper but I do play hard

For the CVD’s lol 😆 I use the same on diff gears.
Was breaking a set of stock per battery pack to the point that it wouldn’t allow me to use 100% setting. Turning was an issue too so I went to 30k in rear and tested. I like it won’t wheelie right off the line. I not a big jumper but I do play hard
You gota check the gear mesh (distance between the pinion and slipper clutch but i have a senton same shiit different body lol & mine does wheelies off 75% setting 100% it's almost doing standing backflips i have the integy steering bell crank & gpm diff yoke in the rear you got to let me know how those cvds hold up

lol still need lube Suggs for the CVD’s some type of Graphite or something??

I have a HR yolks coming in to rebuild with the steel geared differential set, tired of going through the plastic pinions
How do u like the GPM yoke and how is ur diff built?

Last edited:
Hmmm I have a tray of broken ring and pinion gears @ drive shafts 🤣 guess it's time to upgrade , it's just freaking expensive compared to buying another set of take off new parts at Jenny's RC

Guys dry graphite or nothing at all on the open splined shafts of the GPM’s or be prepared to disassemble and thoroughly clean every single time you run in the dirt or sand. Any oil lube or grease is going to collect every piece of passing dirt and seize them up.

No boot no grease lol, just priced it out it's almost $250 maybe a little bit more to completely upgrade the drive shafts and the differentials to aluminum but that's with hot racing stuff maybe I'll go GPM and save some money

Guys dry graphite or nothing at all on the open splined shafts of the GPM’s or be prepared to disassemble and thoroughly clean every single time you run in the dirt or sand. Any oil lube or grease is going to collect every piece of passing dirt and seize them up.
Any brands or suggestions on the dry graphite @mxfan69

lol still need lube Suggs for the CVD’s some type of Graphite or something??

I have a HR yolks coming in to rebuild with the steel geared differential set, tired of going through the plastic pinions
How do u like the GPM yoke and how is ur diff built?
I use the red and tacky for everything or i soak bearings in wd40 for a couple hours & the yoke makes a big difference IMO more sturdy back end i only have it on the rear and it helps with like the sway when giving a full rip & stock differential it comes with metal planet gears inside the diff but the outside gear where the yoke is is plastic ive never opened my diff bieleve it or not and ive had my senton for like maybe 6 months i have insurance on my rc so when the diff goes i send it off to get replaced with a new one i got maybe a 2 month old rear diff in my senton

How are yours running? I found mine somewhat off-balance and turned my rear end into a vibrater. Which is why I just choked on my beer laughing at the lube question. I don't think it's needed and the only way it can hurt is but keeping dirt inside. Not that it won't get there anyways so it's a moot point.

Any brands or suggestions on the dry graphite @mxfan69

Been using this Hob e lube or equal for years. This one is a little harder to use as its just the dry graphite. The really neat stuff is the bottle with the needle and alcohol in the solution. Locksmiths carry it. The liquid carries the graphite into small crevices and then evaporates and leaves just the graphite lube. Used that as a kid with HO trains and AFX slot cars.
0274D406-5F79-4B54-AD56-E2E478B4495D.png

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back