GPM CVD’s triple failure

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KevinC

Flyboy, Cat Hoarder, Tiger Tamer, Party Crasher.
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Limitless
  3. Kraton 8S
  4. Kraton 6s
  5. Kraton EXB
  6. Mojave EXB
  7. Talion
  8. Talion EXB
Hey Arrma Nation.

I ran the GPM beefy CVD’s for the first time today on the K8S. Three of the drive pins broke off. Crazy right? Was I jumping, yes....., but no phuckery, just straight lovely airs landing on all fours and not one tumble, no power on landings or brake landings.
I believe that the 7mm shafts allow way LESS torsion than the stock shafts do, hence transferring more twisting moment to the drive pins which remain the stock size. If the drive pins were 5mm and M2C made outdrives that accept them, that would be awesome.

Anyhow, just a caveat for guys trying these shafts out. I don’t lay blame on GPM. They’ve created a decent shaft but had to comply with outdrive limits.

Hey Arrma Nation.

I ran the GPM beefy CVD’s for the first time today on the K8S. Three of the drive pins broke off. Crazy right? Was I jumping, yes....., but no phuckery, just straight lovely airs landing on all fours and not one tumble, no power on landings or brake landings.
I believe that the 7mm shafts allow way LESS torsion than the stock shafts do, hence transferring more twisting moment to the drive pins which remain the stock size. If the drive pins were 5mm and M2C made outdrives that accept them, that would be awesome.

Anyhow, just a caveat for guys trying these shafts out. I don’t lay blame on GPM. They’ve created a decent shaft but had to comply with outdrive limits.

I would 100% blame that problem on GPM.. The pins were probably not heat treated properly.

I would 100% blame that problem on GPM.. The pins were probably not heat treated properly.
Mmmm....that never crossed my mind.
Im going to contact them today, see what they say.

They will tell you thank you for the feedback and we will notify the factory . Lol

5mm pins won't make a difference.

00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200827142006391_COVER.jpg

00000PORTRAIT_00000_BURST20200827142027366.jpg

IMG_20200827_142018.jpg

Thanks, @KevinC
I remember seeing the thread a while back about checking these out and almost sprung for a set when I bent mine out on the sand dunes, but you’ve just saved me the trouble!

Yea i bend and break the stock ones on the regular. I REALLY wish someone would make quality replacements for the cvd's. even if they were double the price of the stock replacements it would still be cheaper than my current cvd replacement budget at $20 a pop.

@aametzger I agree, you only feel the pain once when you pay for quality. Too bad there’s no worthwhile upgrade yet, I’d be happy to pay the bucks

What’s the name?
Just got mines in too. Hope they hold up. If not back to hammering the stock ones

Attachments

• 719E0001-DE98-4CF3-AD67-57718FF0E0F0.jpeg
    719E0001-DE98-4CF3-AD67-57718FF0E0F0.jpeg
    344.1 KB · Views: 53
Hopefully shafts are on the M2C Radar. Mitch would prolly sell a schit ton of these. Maybe @Rich Duperbash or @RC DUDE81 can chime in here.

cheers,
kev
They are definitely on the to do list with M2C. ? The shafts on the 8s are def. a weak point especially when running big power or heavy belted tires. M2C is currently working on 6s shafts and the 8s should be next!?

They are definitely on the to do list with M2C. ? The shafts on the 8s are def. a weak point especially when running big power or heavy belted tires. M2C is currently working on 6s shafts and the 8s should be next!?
I've bent a bunch of front CVD's on my Kraton EXB so far. I will definitely buy M2C upgraded ones! Glad they are working on the 6S ones ???

Can he also make some front steering links (I'm bending those) and the rear camber links that DON'T thread themselves in? ??

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back