GPM CVD’s triple failure

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can he also make some front steering links (I'm bending those) and the rear camber links that DON'T thread themselves in? ??

He makes Steering links for the K8. They’re on his site.
cheers,
kev

cheers,
kev
Really? I didn't even know that. Thanks. Are you sure? I just checked. I'm talking about the links that go between the steering knuckle and the servo. This one =
20201006_130531.jpg

cheers,
kev
Yeah check my updated post. It's the metal link that I was talking about. The one between the steering knuckle and servo rod end.
cheers,
kev
I was talking about these. I don't know if I'll order those though ?.
https://www.gpmparts.com/arrma-krat...ball-ends-4pc-set-gpm-makx160ssh-p-18830.html
They will tell you thank you for the feedback and we will notify the factory . Lol

5mm pins won't make a difference.

View attachment 103006
View attachment 103007
View attachment 103008
That happened to one of mine in the front. The rear ones seem fine. The rear ones just bend but don't break like that. Bummer. And I just ordered two more because I thought it broke because I used the original hub ends from the factory ones.

Last edited:
Screw it. I'm going to try them out on my K8S. I found them from a seller in the US. I only bought one set since the O8S is not bending those. Weird because the K8S is not bending shock shafts but the O8S is. Meanwhile the O8S is barely bending CVDS, while the K8S is bending the heck out of those ??. I'll post and update here to see if those links bend like the stock ones did.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/392796120269

Screw it. I'm going to try them out on my K8S. I found them from a seller in the US. I only bought one set since the O8S is not bending those. Weird because the K8S is not bending shock shafts but the O8S is. Meanwhile the O8S is barely bending CVDS, while the K8S is bending the heck out of those ??. I'll post and update here to see if those links bend like the stock ones did.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/392796120269
Nice find.. I bend and break them on the O8s. Especially now that I have the M2c steering bellcrank. Instead of the bellcrank breaking, it sends the force to the turnbuckles. Keep us posted on how they hold up. thanks!

Really? I didn't even know that. Thanks. Are you sure? I just checked. I'm talking about the links that go between the steering knuckle and the servo. This one =

Yeah check my updated post. It's the metal link that I was talking about. The one between the steering knuckle and servo rod end.

I was talking about these. I don't know if I'll order those though ?.
https://www.gpmparts.com/arrma-krat...ball-ends-4pc-set-gpm-makx160ssh-p-18830.html

That happened to one of mine in the front. The rear ones seem fine. The rear ones just bend but don't break like that. Bummer. And I just ordered two more because I thought it broke because I used the original hub ends from the factory ones.

Mea culpa......Thought you were talking about the other part....

I've had similar issues with the gpm drive shafts. Sheered off the inner dog bone pins multiple times. I've replaced them with Arrma 3.5 x 24 pins machined down to 16.8/ 17mm. Frustrating. Shafts seem strong but pins are substandard. Gpm gave me the same run around as mentioned above. Running 2028 set up. Nothing but diff cup and pin issues since installation.

I've had similar issues with the gpm drive shafts. Sheered off the inner dog bone pins multiple times. I've replaced them with Arrma 3.5 x 24 pins machined down to 16.8/ 17mm. Frustrating. Shafts seem strong but pins are substandard. Gpm gave me the same run around as mentioned above. Running 2028 set up. Nothing but diff cup and pin issues since installation.

The 2028 is a true drivetrain eating monster!
But I love it!! ?

Looking forward to hearing your opinion about them :D
Will keep you informed ?
Lee has bashed the snot out of the first set he made in his own O8S .
He jumps that thing like a man possessed and no failures yet . He put a lot of effort into getting the pins right ?

Update.
I contacted GPM and they asked for pictures which I promptly sent. Maybe they’ll do the right thing and re-imburse me, maybe not.

cheers,
kev

Update for anyone interested.......
GPM is sending me another 4 shafts. I have 8 Arrma spares as of now so I won’t be using the GPM’s anytime soon. I was hoping they would just re-imburse me but......oh well.

cheers,
kev

Update for anyone interested.......
GPM is sending me another 4 shafts. I have 8 Arrma spares as of now so I won’t be using the GPM’s anytime soon. I was hoping they would just re-imburse me but......oh well.

cheers,
kev
At least some decent customer service... I just mounted a set on the front, curious if they'll go down the drain the same way yours did ?

Nice find.. I bend and break them on the O8s. Especially now that I have the M2c steering bellcrank. Instead of the bellcrank breaking, it sends the force to the turnbuckles. Keep us posted on how they hold up. thanks!
This is what the stock steering links on the K8S looked like. Wow. That bolt also broke and bent on both sides of the K8S and O8S (the bolt that holds the steering knuckle to the steering link). The gpm ones are way thicker and a little longer but they seem to fit fine. I have three installed. You have to use something like a metal pick to move the adjustment hole in the middle of the links.
20201021_185306.jpg
20201021_195410.jpg
20201022_110442.jpg
20201022_110454.jpg
20201022_110459.jpg
20201022_110530.jpg

cool thanks for the update. how many rounds have you done with them and any extreme landings?

cool thanks for the update. how many rounds have you done with them and any extreme landings?
None yet an honestly I'm fixing the K8S and will most likely try to sell it with new rear GPM driveshafts and those links without jumping it. I suck at driving and landing well, so the O8S and Xmaxx are a better fit for me personally.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back