Notorious Gpm hardened front and rear main diff gear

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rich8692

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Notorious
  3. Outcast 6s

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190814-085102_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190814-085102_Chrome.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 131
  • 20190813_145224.jpg
    20190813_145224.jpg
    504.5 KB · Views: 72
  • 20190813_145237.jpg
    20190813_145237.jpg
    241.2 KB · Views: 62
That pin...Should be one piece. 2.5mm×9.8mm I believe. I'm curious on the gpm gears. I know other products they make are scrap. Did you shim diff case?

That pin is your problem. Should be one piece. 2.5mm×9.8mm I believe. I'm curious on the gpm gears. I know other products they make are scrap.

Thanks I did know that was broke I put a new one in i just put that picture in because you can see some of the outer teeth that are worn but yes so am I can order the stock ones at about $24 each and the gpms are $40 so I don't want to buy them if theirs no real benifit.

For the price I just buy a whole new diff from JennysRc. It would take care of that broken pin too. If you go with the GPM gears let us know how they work out.

Thanks I did know that was broke I put a new one in i just put that picture in because you can see some of the outer teeth that are worn but yes so am I can order the stock ones at about $24 each and the gpms are $40 so I don't want to buy them if theirs no real benifit.
I just get a complete diff case for $34 on ebay. Gpm and hardened is a bit fishy...

Yeah I just ordered a center from Jenny's for $26 but I'm have a hard time finding front and rears cheap most are listed at $48+ anyone have links for completes?

Check out the reviews on ebay for these, first review is a picture of these with the teeth sheared off.

When looking for parts if I see GPM I keep looking.
(y)
I noticed many are avoiding GPM....:LOL: I guess I will follow.(y) And I have had QC issues with GPM regarding front and rear C-blocks/lockouts on my Axial Crawlers. Very bad fit. Actually a "no fit". Customer service is a lengthy process and overall Horrible and they will blame Axial and you for the issues. They will ask for a hundred pictures. Of different angles... Imagine that. By the time they deny the warranty claim, you cannot return to the vendor (RCMart) for a refund. How stupid. Or they think we are stupid.:unsure:

Last edited:
I feel the same way regarding Ebay. I has a purchase issue before and had to fight for a refund. But sometimes I need them too for things.
AMZ is higher priced. No real deals. Better Cust. service. You actually pay for that though.

Last edited:
I tend to avoid ebay sellers I have no history with unless only they have the part I need (which have came to past a lot lately) or they have ebay initiated free returns. I only use Amazon for prime & I can count the number of times I bought non-prime stuff on one hand.

GPMs diffs are garbage. They're no better than stock & judging from the pics are probably worse. I would love for a 3rd party to make helical diffs for Arrma. I also inquired about it to the China sellers. They have tried but the Arrma diff is too thin to make a quality product. They were able to make Traxxas & Axial helical diffs & I have examples of both in my X-maxx, Stampede, & SCX10. Also note that most of the cars that have stock helical gears have gearboxes that take some time to get into - mainly because you hardly ever have to ;)

I tend to avoid ebay sellers I have no history with unless only they have the part I need (which have came to past a lot lately) or they have ebay initiated free returns. I only use Amazon for prime & I can count the number of times I bought non-prime stuff on one hand.

GPMs diffs are garbage. They're no better than stock & judging from the pics are probably worse. I would love for a 3rd party to make helical diffs for Arrma. I also inquired about it to the China sellers. They have tried but the Arrma diff is too thin to make a quality product. They were able to make Traxxas & Axial helical diffs & I have examples of both in my X-maxx, Stampede, & SCX10. Also note that most of the cars that have stock helical gears have gearboxes that take some time to get into - mainly because you hardly ever have to ;)
Yeah the Arrma diffs are actually kind of pathetic compared to other 1/8th scale diffs, even diffs from rc's that cost half the price have better diff gears than these.

Yeah the Arrma diffs are actually kind of pathetic compared to other 1/8th scale diffs, even diffs from rc's that cost half the price have better diff gears than these.
We all know that Arrma took ideas from HPI, Habao, Losi, & Techno just to name a few, but the diffs in all their 1/8 cars are either a higher grade steel, LARGER, or both. If Arrma wants to keep these diffs going, then they're going to have to at least use the HRC 50 that Techno uses. That HRC 45 is simply too soft for such thin & small gears. HPI & Habao both use HRC 45 but their gears are HUGE. The same Habao gears are in the Muckraker. I've been trying to wreck them but I seem to unloc a pinion, pop a pillow ball, or reach LVC before the diffs even figure out what I'm up to. I retired my HPI truggy & Hyper SS when I got my V1 Kraton. But I might have to pull them out the shed to see how much torture they can withstand as well. But I know both will end up a pile of scrap long before the diffs give out.

I do most my RC shopping on eBay due to no lhs in my area. 99% of the time eBay has delivered (with service as well as the parts) even if the seller is in China, Hong Kong etc. Haven't ever been left out of pocket but you can say goodbye to any warranty. Tried to get warranty for an eBay purchased Senton mega which we found the shocks leaking still in the box. Both Arrma, Horizon, OMP (aust Arrma dist) and the eBay seller all hand-balled us around and no one was willing to help. So we got aftermarket parts instead of oem Arrma. Was very disappointed with Arrma not standing by there product. ??

Anyway,
To the original question, the only GPM parts I've used are the steering servo mount and capped wheel nuts. No issues with either but they are not a high stressed part like the diff gears. The wheel nuts I am very impressed with. They look good, lock on tight, very tight and never come loose like the oem nuts. By the sound of it GPM parts can be hit and miss but in my experience, so far so good.

I do most my RC shopping on eBay due to no lhs in my area. 99% of the time eBay has delivered (with service as well as the parts) even if the seller is in China, Hong Kong etc. Haven't ever been left out of pocket but you can say goodbye to any warranty. Tried to get warranty for an eBay purchased Senton mega which we found the shocks leaking still in the box. Both Arrma, Horizon, OMP (aust Arrma dist) and the eBay seller all hand-balled us around and no one was willing to help. So we got aftermarket parts instead of oem Arrma. Was very disappointed with Arrma not standing by there product. ??

Anyway,
To the original question, the only GPM parts I've used are the steering servo mount and capped wheel nuts. No issues with either but they are not a high stressed part like the diff gears. The wheel nuts I am very impressed with. They look good, lock on tight, very tight and never come loose like the oem nuts. By the sound of it GPM parts can be hit and miss but in my experience, so far so good.
Not buying from an "authorized" dealer automatically makes the warranty null and void for a lot of products anymore sadly.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back