Gpm hardened gears

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rcproponent

RCP
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Nero
Ok, I know this has been slightly touched on elsewhere but I couldn’t find the thread... who here has used thewe GPM gears ?
B607C416-C2D9-4BAE-AEB2-57636F76C010.png

Are they any better than stock?

I know gpm is rather questionable when it comes to most of their products and I think there is a a couple good ones amongst them...

I’m gonna have some considerable power once the 1717 goes in my rig, just trying to at least prolong the life of these diffs :)

Any insight appreciated. Thank you.

I know full well people knock GPM. They're cheap Chinese alloy and my guess is the steel is mediocre. But I've not had a single GPM part fail on my Arrma so far (check my build log - lots of GPM parts). No bends or breaks... but I don't go stratospheric or run on concrete. and I've been running the diff set in my Noto's rear diff for months now:

Recently disassembled it to (ironically) fit the GPM diff cup, only because I felt the oil was getting low as the stock cup was leaking a little. The GPM diff set I used held up perfectly with the only breakages being the diff pins breaking (standard!) However it was the first time I've broken pins and not split the larger planetary gear as a result! They are not hollowed out like the thin stock ones and definitely hold up to more abuse. So I could actually recommend the diff set, but you may have to an extra gasket with the stock plastic cup after you shim them with Mugen shims as my guess is they could be a little bit bigger than stock. They fit perfect in the GPM cup though

I've not tried the input pinion and ring/crown gear yet but I was thinking about it after the stock ones give in. Nobody seems to recommend them, but as I said, none of my GPM parts have failed ?‍♂️ I can't find Mugen parts in the UK but maybe I haven't looked hard enough, and the GPMs are cheaper and arrived within 2 weeks

Your call ?

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back