GPM/HR parts?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrokeBoiRc

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Limitless
  3. Kraton EXB
  4. Typhon 3s
What do you guys think of the GPM or HR aluminum knuckles and steering blocks on the 3s Arrmas? I like the look of them but just not sure if it is worth it and if they are better than stock. Thanks and stay safe!

What do you guys think of the GPM or HR aluminum knuckles and steering blocks on the 3s Arrmas? I like the look of them but just not sure if it is worth it and if they are better than stock. Thanks and stay safe!
Only upgrade when u break sumthing

The aluminum takes a lot of flex out of the whole front end, and makes the car steer a bit more predictably..... they don’t like hard hits, and once bent are toast. Throw them away and buy new. I have got hubs and steering blocks in my granite, and they are as expected extremely rigid compared to the stock composite. But I could not stand how sloppy the front end was stock. It’s like trying to drive with wet noodles for steering components.... they add unsprung weight, but it doesn’t seem to change the way the car jumps too terribly.
I’m currently trying to figure out what this thing likes for steering toe and camber.... I honestly wish the caster was adjustable, but I may just have to find a way.... I don’t like how the wheel end actually noticeably turns in on the suspension stroke.... makes for extremely unpredictable landings..... and with as much as the front end of the granite is off the ground.......

TLDR: If you want some slop taken out of the steering throw the aluminum in there. If you don’t want the expense, stick with the factory composite, and just bash.

3s Line Arrma cars i go INTEGY only in future, they make the best 3s hop ups

6s line GPM is very good, exxept the shock towers

Hi guys

Have a 3S Typhon I put some belted Duratrax Sixpacks on, thing was crazy with the stock wheels/tires. Didn't realize how much heavier they were. Anyway, I keep breaking steering blocks, of course always the same side, broke a brand new one on a second jump. The Typhon doesn't jump near as well as my granite with typhon arms on it.. go figure.

Would going with the aluminum ones help with this or are they just going to bend? If yes for aluminum do I go GPM or HR? Or do I cut my loss with the Duratrax and try to find something lighter for it?

Appreciate any help. Happy holidays.

Adam

HR hubs F/R if you're launching your 3s rigs, stock plastic will eventually break. Street bashing you can stay stock. The HR bellcrank is a must!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back