Gpm or integy?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Greetings to everyone - a newbie here.

A question, dillon_mitko: you decided to cancel the Integy ones in the end (I am referring to this part: https://www.integy.com/st_prod.html?p_prodid=35698&p_catid=492#.XqAkD6eSmPp)?

I ordered a pair of Integy ones a while ago for Senton 3S BLX (which has essentially the same parts list as Big Rock BLX as I understand) and just got them in the post - I am going to try fit those in and give you some feel as to what they're like. From the looks of it at this point it is going to be a bit of an issue because to me at least there's no clear way to attach those to the differential output directly - what you see in the picture is what you get (and a couple of tiny hex screws). Integy is very stingy in the support department so I suppose I am on my own here. If you're thinking of buying these from Integy and do not know for sure if they're compatible - don't. I'll keep you posted as to my attempt to figure them out.

From just inspecting them though initially, I can tell you they have a substantial feel to them, quite solid and smooth.
Yeah I canceled them because I liked how the gpm ones felt and they lasted a few hard packs before the integy ones ever came in so I just cancelled the integy ones and ordered more gpms... still haven’t had any problems with any of them at all!!

I have an update for Integy driveshafts: since I could not find any sane way to mount those on my Senton's diff I contacted EuroRC for some advice about the part. To mu utter surprise - after a bit of back and forth - I was advised that the Integy driveshaft is to be seated directly onto the diff output and secured with a tiny screw by driving it into one of the grooves. If you go here and see the exploded Senton diff view (but essentially same as Granite or Big Rock) with diff part AR310775 and stock driveshaft part AR310780 you'll see that they have matching grooved geometry that makes sense for reliably transferring power from diff to the wheels. Unlike stock driveshaft, Integy one end that goes onto the diff output has no grooves, simply a smooth input hole, and a threaded screw hole (don't know how well you can see here):

Screenshot_1.jpg

What I was then told is that to mount this onto the diff would look like this (the following image illustration provided by support from EuroRC) :

ill.png

You slide the driveshaft onto the output and secure (o_O) it by fastening in the small hex screw provided. So basically all power transfer, securing and fastening is achieved by lodging the tiny screw hopefully into one of the grooves - this must be one of the worst designs of all times. Truly mindboggling and hard to believe but this is how it apparently is designed.

So at this point, I am left with returning the part at my own expense back to EuroRC and looking for another solution.

Based on all this my advice would be: absolutely do not buy this part because there are clearly other options that are a solid and direct fit for Senton/Granite/Big Rock BLX.

Yeah I canceled them because I liked how the gpm ones felt and they lasted a few hard packs before the integy ones ever came in so I just cancelled the integy ones and ordered more gpms... still haven’t had any problems with any of them at all!!

I would say: good for you :cool:- Integy is unfortunately and mystifyingly a waste of time and money. I will hopefully based on your experience soon get GPMs for my setup.

I would say: good for you :cool:- Integy is unfortunately and mystifyingly a waste of time and money. I will hopefully based on your experience soon get GPMs for my setup.
Just be warned you will need a hammer to get them on and you should be just fine ?

I have an update for Integy driveshafts: since I could not find any sane way to mount those on my Senton's diff I contacted EuroRC for some advice about the part. To mu utter surprise - after a bit of back and forth - I was advised that the Integy driveshaft is to be seated directly onto the diff output and secured with a tiny screw by driving it into one of the grooves. If you go here and see the exploded Senton diff view (but essentially same as Granite or Big Rock) with diff part AR310775 and stock driveshaft part AR310780 you'll see that they have matching grooved geometry that makes sense for reliably transferring power from diff to the wheels. Unlike stock driveshaft, Integy one end that goes onto the diff output has no grooves, simply a smooth input hole, and a threaded screw hole (don't know how well you can see here):

View attachment 76321

What I was then told is that to mount this onto the diff would look like this (the following image illustration provided by support from EuroRC) :

View attachment 76324

You slide the driveshaft onto the output and secure (o_O) it by fastening in the small hex screw provided. So basically all power transfer, securing and fastening is achieved by lodging the tiny screw hopefully into one of the grooves - this must be one of the worst designs of all times. Truly mindboggling and hard to believe but this is how it apparently is designed.

So at this point, I am left with returning the part at my own expense back to EuroRC and looking for another solution.

Based on all this my advice would be: absolutely do not buy this part because there are clearly other options that are a solid and direct fit for Senton/Granite/Big Rock BLX.
It would be way more tooling for Integy to match the castellated pattern of the output shaft. They couldn’t possibly make them from billet for the price they charge if they did.

It would be way more tooling for Integy to match the castellated pattern of the output shaft. They couldn’t possibly make them from billet for the price they charge if they did.

I agree - you're right it would be more involved to manufacture but I am also sure you would agree that Integy's design is simply not sound and that you'd most likely not consider purchasing it as an upgrade part. Also, GPM's equivalent part is almost equally priced and Arrma's upgrade part, which is priced just slightly above. I cannot fully understand Integy's decision to implement this design.

I agree - you're right it would be more involved to manufacture but I am also sure you would agree that Integy's design is simply not sound and that you'd most likely not consider purchasing it as an upgrade part. Also, GPM's equivalent part is almost equally priced and Arrma's upgrade part, which is priced just slightly above. I cannot fully understand Integy's decision to implement this design.
To be fair, the diff pinion input cups on 6S rigs uses a set screw on a much smaller diameter shaft and that works fine.

Decided to experiment a little bit and I ended up ordering a pair of gpm and a pair of integy. Going to put 1 of each of front and 1 of each in the rear. Which ever one goes out first, I’m going to order another pair of the other. I’ll keep you guys updated when they come in.?
Old post, but that is something I would do also, When in doubt check both out. Then make the call.:LOL:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back