Gpm or integy?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Should be similar to the 6S ones where they pop out occasionally but not very much... or am I missing something that’s a major difference that would cause that?
Compare the suspension travel on the 3s rigs vs the suspension travel on the 6s rigs. The 3s rigs have a lot more up and down travel. On full uptravel the dogbone end will probably bind in the drive cup, on full downtravel it could likely fall out. Someone on Facebook was testing this style of axle using a 3D printer and these were the issues he had with his 3D printed ones, they would either bind or fall out.

There is a reason that everyone else's axles use a slider style shaft.

Compare the suspension travel on the 3s rigs vs the suspension travel on the 6s rigs. The 3s rigs have a lot more up and down travel. On full uptravel the dogbone end will probably bind in the drive cup, on full downtravel it could likely fall out. Someone on Facebook was testing this style of axle using a 3D printer and these were the issues he had with his 3D printed ones, they would either bind or fall out.

There is a reason that the HD Armma cv style axle still uses a slider and cvs on both ends.
Ooooh ok yeah that’s true.?

https://www.integy.com/st_prod.html?p_prodid=36322&p_catid=492#.XmmDuBZq2Ec What about these? I know it’s integy so it’s softer aluminum but it has the same design as the 6S models so maybe that design of driveshaft is just overall better?
At $30 a pair, they are pretty close to the cost of the Arrma ones. For $10 more, get the Arrma ones.
What's wrong with these? Specifically? Anyone here who has had these and had a bad experience?
I have the similar Integy version for my Crawler. If the same as in picture, they are steel. And the swivel pins are strong. They are telescopic. And not any Aluminum in there.
https://www.integy.com/st_prod.html?p_prodid=35698&p_catid=492#.XmmLLndFypB
They were saying integy uses a soft aluminum... but if they are steel I’m 100% down with getting those
Where does it say steel in the listing? All I see is:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Billet Machined Universal Drive Shafts for Arrma 1/10 Granite 4X4 3S BLX C28854

OVERVIEW
Strengthen the drivetrain of your Arrma 1/10 Granite 4X4 3S BLX with our Billet Machined Universal Drive Shafts. The drive shafts feature a sliding design with heavy duty universal joints. Sold in pairs, the drive shafts can be used up front or in the rear (you'll need two pairs for each complete chassis).
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At $30 a pair, they are pretty close to the cost of the Arrma ones. For $10 more, get the Arrma ones.

Where does it say steel in the listing? All I see is:

Billet Machined Universal Drive Shafts for Arrma 1/10 Granite 4X4 3S BLX C28854

OVERVIEW
Strengthen the drivetrain of your Arrma 1/10 Granite 4X4 3S BLX with our Billet Machined Universal Drive Shafts. The drive shafts feature a sliding design with heavy duty universal joints. Sold in pairs, the drive shafts can be used up front or in the rear (you'll need two pairs for each complete chassis).
It doesn’t state steel in the scx10 ones either but apparently they are steel. Same with the slash driveshafts so I’m assuming all their driveshafts are steel... and and are the arrma HD ones good enough to be worth it?

It doesn’t state steel in the scx10 ones either but apparently they are steel. Same with the slash driveshafts so I’m assuming all their driveshafts are steel... and and are the arrma HD ones good enough to be worth it?
Dunno? Too expensive for me to consider on a $300 rig. I could spend that much more wisely.

I know @bicketybam has them a few others bought them but I haven't heard anything about them so idk ?‍♂️

I tried integy shafts on my old slash 4x4 with the factory 3s brushless system, and what ended up happening was they would sheer right at the thinnest point of the shaft near the outside CVD. Very annoying, didn’t last. They’ve been making garbage for years I don’t see why they’d change now.

Decided to experiment a little bit and I ended up ordering a pair of gpm and a pair of integy. Going to put 1 of each of front and 1 of each in the rear. Which ever one goes out first, I’m going to order another pair of the other. I’ll keep you guys updated when they come in.?

Decided to experiment a little bit and I ended up ordering a pair of gpm and a pair of integy. Going to put 1 of each of front and 1 of each in the rear. Which ever one goes out first, I’m going to order another pair of the other. I’ll keep you guys updated when they come in.?
Very scientific. ??

OK the GPM ones came in and in case you haven’t seen my other thread, DON’T GET THEM. The GPM ones won’t even fit on the diff output drive. Hopefully I can send them back but I don’t know yet. Looks like I’ll be ordering a full set of integy and preying they work?
The materials did seem good though, they just didn’t fit. The black parts seem steel and the blue part was aluminum. I they were heavy and seemed good, I just can’t test them sadly

Last edited:
Ok never mind I had to hammer them to get them on but I did get them installed. Integy ones still haven’t come in still so I’m currently running hot racing up front and GPM in the rear.
image.jpg

Ok never mind I had to hammer them to get them on but I did get them installed. Integy ones still haven’t come in still so I’m currently running hot racing up front and GPM in the rear.View attachment 70860
You had to hammer them on? Dang what happens if you need to get them off?

Been through a few packs now and the GPM driveshafts are still in perfect condition. I’ve been jumping and landing on throttle with them, full speed down a straight road with them. And they are still perfect. Integy ones still haven’t come in so I cancelled that and I’m going to order more GPM ones because my hot racing ones are still snapping.

Been through a few packs now and the GPM driveshafts are still in perfect condition. I’ve been jumping and landing on throttle with them, full speed down a straight road with them. And they are still perfect. Integy ones still haven’t come in so I cancelled that and I’m going to order more GPM ones because my hot racing ones are still snapping.

Greetings to everyone - a newbie here.

A question, dillon_mitko: you decided to cancel the Integy ones in the end (I am referring to this part: https://www.integy.com/st_prod.html?p_prodid=35698&p_catid=492#.XqAkD6eSmPp)?

I ordered a pair of Integy ones a while ago for Senton 3S BLX (which has essentially the same parts list as Big Rock BLX as I understand) and just got them in the post - I am going to try fit those in and give you some feel as to what they're like. From the looks of it at this point it is going to be a bit of an issue because to me at least there's no clear way to attach those to the differential output directly - what you see in the picture is what you get (and a couple of tiny hex screws). Integy is very stingy in the support department so I suppose I am on my own here. If you're thinking of buying these from Integy and do not know for sure if they're compatible - don't. I'll keep you posted as to my attempt to figure them out.

From just inspecting them though initially, I can tell you they have a substantial feel to them, quite solid and smooth.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back