Kraton GPM Racing Aluminum Parts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We’re you still able to use the diff mount even though it’s taller?

if its only a mm or two you could measure it with digital calipers and shave down the side that has the extra length provided the center where the diff sits lines up correctly. hopefully its on the top side and not bottom

It is a .5mm difference just got it mounted up and everything looks good to me. I will note that if you have an Outcast you will need to buy some new screws, the stock screws are too long and the screws they provide are too short to mount the top plate and the center roll cage. I just used the old steering rack bushings as spacers.

My shocks don't fit :(

QpPQ8WLl.jpg

It is a .5mm difference just got it mounted up and everything looks good to me. I will note that if you have an Outcast you will need to buy some new screws, the stock screws are too long and the screws they provide are too short to mount the top plate and the center roll cage. I just used the old steering rack bushings as spacers.

My shocks don't fit :(

View attachment 14222
Let me take a look at how my shocks fit on when I get home later. I have the V3 though, maybe with the protector they added they lengthened it.

Are you able to use a different hole and get it to work? Not ideal but might work.

Let me take a look at how my shocks fit on when I get home later. I have the V3 though, maybe with the protector they added they lengthened it.

Are you able to use a different hole and get it to work? Not ideal but might work.
I'm using Tekno shocks and Tekno shock standoffs. The stock shocks fit just fine. Think I need to order the longer Tekno shock standoffs.

Last edited:
Rub it in why don't yah... haha
This is the cheapest route for Tekno Shocks
MT410 fronts $29.99 https://www.dollarhobbyz.com/products/tekno-1-1-mt410-front-shocks-springs
MT410 rears $39.99 https://www.dollarhobbyz.com/products/tekno-1-1-mt410-rear-shocks-springs
2 x Tekno MT410 TKR55527 shock standoffs https://www.dollarhobbyz.com/products/tekno-r-c-tkr5527-shock-standoffs-sct410-2-tkr5527
M4 Flanged Nylon lock nuts https://www.dollarhobbyz.com/products/associated-8-m4-locknuts-w-flange-knurl-91148

$98.09 + tax and shipping.

The MT410 shocks come with plastic shock caps, plastic shock collars, and plastic cartridge caps. The truggy and buggy shocks some with aluminum caps, collars, and cartridge caps. Also the truggy and buggy shocks come with the cnc shock pistons as well as the molded ones. And the shock bodies are different colors.

Last edited:
Outer thickness is 7.0mm and the inner thickness is 5mm.

On another note, the rear GPM shock towers do not fit with the Outcast body, at least not without raising the body up stupid high. The rear GPM shock towers are about 5mm taller than the stock shock tower.

Last edited:
Outer thickness is 7.0mm and the inner thickness is 5mm.

On another note, the rear GPM shock towers do not fit with the Outcast body, at least not without raising the body up stupid high. The rear GPM shock towers are about 5mm taller than the stock shock tower.

slick2500, I was thinking of ordering some GPM parts for my 2018 Kraton. If I recall, you just replaced your stock rear tower as it was bent & are you happy with the GPM tower? Is it just the very outer edge of the tower that is 7mm? The GPM tower looks like it is CNC machined very well and does not look too heavy, although I gather you did not weigh it? Even though it is mainly 5mm, the same as the stock tower, with the CNC machining and outer edge, it looks like it should be stronger than the factory tower?

I was also thinking of getting the GPM center diff mount, and noted you advised it is .5mm taller. As long as the center diff hole is lined up, is what really matters, I guess. Just eyeballing my V3 Talion, the front of my center diff plate looks lower than the rear, so the stock Arrma diff mount looks lower than the rear motor mount, so maybe the GPM .5mm taller mount would be better than stock? The center diff mount top plate screws are quite short at only 3x8mm, and these are too long? The screws included with the GPM center diff mount must be very short?

I've ran mine on 6s five or six times and had no problems. Going to order the voltage ones if they look good. When i pull them off I will let you know how the cups look.
Dietrich 40, I see Voltage Hobbies has already added lower suspension braces to their list. Did you get them & how did the GPM ones look when you took them off? What is the weight comparison between GPM and Voltage? I gather you like the other GPM parts you got, as noted you said you got their shock towers, steering bellcrank, and not sure if anything else..

Ha, glad to see you have my back...;)

In all seriousness, GPM has been responsive and we are working to resolve the issue.
Nulli also said his rear chassis brace was 1-2mm too long, but did get it installed. Did you get yours installed, and what was GPM's response and solution to this problem after you contacted them? Did they send another one that is the correct length?

slick2500, I was thinking of ordering some GPM parts for my 2018 Kraton. If I recall, you just replaced your stock rear tower as it was bent & are you happy with the GPM tower? Is it just the very outer edge of the tower that is 7mm? The GPM tower looks like it is CNC machined very well and does not look too heavy, although I gather you did not weigh it? Even though it is mainly 5mm, the same as the stock tower, with the CNC machining and outer edge, it looks like it should be stronger than the factory tower?

I was also thinking of getting the GPM center diff mount, and noted you advised it is .5mm taller. As long as the center diff hole is lined up, is what really matters, I guess. Just eyeballing my V3 Talion, the front of my center diff plate looks lower than the rear, so the stock Arrma diff mount looks lower than the rear motor mount, so maybe the GPM .5mm taller mount would be better than stock? The center diff mount top plate screws are quite short at only 3x8mm, and these are too long? The screws included with the GPM center diff mount must be very short?
I haven't had it out since I replaced the shock tower so I can't comment on the quality ,but there are a few guys on the Facebook that run them and don't seem to have any issues.
The screws from the outcast are are 3x16mm as they also go through the roll cage mount.

I haven't had it out since I replaced the shock tower so I can't comment on the quality ,but there are a few guys on the Facebook that run them and don't seem to have any issues.
The screws from the outcast are are 3x16mm as they also go through the roll cage mount.

I was looking at my Talion (3x8 screws). If the stock 3x16 screws are too short, not only is the GPM center diff mount .5mm taller as you say, but sounds like GPM also did not drill the holes as deep on top as the stock Arrma composite center diff.

The GPM rear shock tower weight is listed at 58g on their website. slick2500, did you weigh your stock shock tower for comparison? Has anyone weighed their Voltage Hobbies or Hot Racing shock towers?

Nice jewelry, one thing that has kept me from buying GPM is whether or not they're red is the same as Arrma red and it looks like it is or very very close from what I can tell from your picture. My first purchase of GPM parts will be the front upper and lower rear hinge pin mounts. I have cracked a few of these and have been waiting for somebody to start making them in aluminum. Now if somebody would just make an aluminum chassis brace that went from front to rear diffs. I've tried a couple of do-it-yourself versions, and finally came up with something that works. A lot of small modifications to make it all work, but is pretty much bulletproof now. Check out the pics. After breaking the stock rear chassis brace I used View attachment 13390ear links for a double chassis brace and upfront for now just have 1 steel link from the steering top plate to the body support tower. Now if I could just quit hitting things I wouldn't have to do any modifications at all.View attachment 13390 View attachment 13391

Just saw your reply to this post and thought of let you know that im talking GKA and trying to sort out a chassis connector it looks like this

Here is the link to my post
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/chassis-brace-connector-redsign.5772/page-2

Front Chassis Brace New.jpg
Front Chassis Brace New.jpg
Front Chassis Brace New2 .jpg
Front Chassis Brace New3 .jpg
New Chassie Connector Side.png
Front Chassis Brace New2 .jpg
Front Chassis Brace New3 .jpg
New Chassie Connector Side.png

Just a heads up for the guys over at GPM. The webpage shows HARDEN Steel, in the title and description, instead of HARDENED Steel. Also the description state you use light weight aluminum. I this part made of HARDENED steel, HARDEN STEEL, or ALUMINUM?
I'm sure they are using Google translator so of course things are going to get messed up in translation. Like this gem here "Product major function & usage: Leading the wheels & tires to rotate"
It also appears that they have the description of their aluminum bits in that page.

I saw these also and immediately thought they would be real nice on my new Talion (+ I already have a spare set for my Kraton). GPM shows #45 Harden steel, and state their front & rear CVD's are stronger and have more durability with the thickness increased to 6mm, and much cheaper than stock. I noticed these are .5mm longer than stock, which should be ok. However, on GPM's website, further down it says; " We use a quality light weight high tensile strength aluminum 6061 T6 and then anodized with scratch resistant colors". WHAT??? Either the hardened (harden?) steel or aluminum could be a misprint, but I'm thinking maybe just the front CVD & rear axles are hardened steel & both the dogbones are made of aluminum? Anyways, be careful, if they're aluminum, I doubt these would have any long lasting durability. To make sure before buying any, maybe send them a message?

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back