Kraton GPM Racing Aluminum Parts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw these also and immediately thought they would be real nice on my new Talion (+ I already have a spare set for my Kraton). GPM shows #45 Harden steel, and state their front & rear CVD's are stronger and have more durability with the thickness increased to 6mm, and much cheaper than stock. I noticed these are .5mm longer than stock, which should be ok. However, on GPM's website, further down it says; " We use a quality light weight high tensile strength aluminum 6061 T6 and then anodized with scratch resistant colors". WHAT??? Either the hardened (harden?) steel or aluminum could be a misprint, but I'm thinking maybe just the front CVD & rear axles are hardened steel & both the dogbones are made of aluminum? Anyways, be careful, if they're aluminum, I doubt these would have any long lasting durability. To make sure before buying any, maybe send them a message?

Like I stated above they most likely put the description for their aluminum parts on that page by accident. It is a new part and again they are Chinese most likely using Google to translate to English.
If you go the www.gpmparts.com website the description is completely different. https://www.gpmparts.com/arrma-krat...d-driveshaft-4pc-set-gpm-mak140rs-p-9852.html and www.gpmracing-parts has a different description as well https://www.gpmracing-parts.com/arr...d-driveshaft-4pc-set-gpm-mak140rs-p-9852.html

Like I stated above they most likely put the description for their aluminum parts on that page by accident. It is a new part and again they are Chinese most likely using Google to translate to English.
If you go the www.gpmparts.com website the description is completely different. https://www.gpmparts.com/arrma-krat...d-driveshaft-4pc-set-gpm-mak140rs-p-9852.html and www.gpmracing-parts has a different description as well https://www.gpmracing-parts.com/arr...d-driveshaft-4pc-set-gpm-mak140rs-p-9852.html
Translation, aluminum is "harden" (hardly) steel LOL. The other 2 sites look like they may have just shortened the description?

Translation, aluminum is "harden" (hardly) steel LOL. The other 2 sites look like they may have just shortened the description?

I still blame Google Translate. Harden and Hardened are the same word in traditional Chinese. Yìnghuà, remember we have a boat load of words in our language that there are no words for in other languages.

I still blame Google Translate. Harden and Hardened are the same word in traditional Chinese. Yìnghuà, remember we have a boat load of words in our language that there are no words for in other languages.

That was just my translation joke, "hardly steel". I agree, listening to other languages, I'll suddenly say, I know that word.

IMG_7366.JPG IMG_7364.JPG IMG_7365.JPG

Well... there you go... the upper rear holder hinge pin....GPM Racing aluminium is really bad quality... Going for voltage hobbies...

I have both the Voltage Hobbies and the GPM Racing versions of this, haven't even used the GPM version yet because the voltage hobbies is by far superior. I could actually flex the GPM versíon with my fingers, whereas the Voltage Hobbies I could not. If you tend to bash, go with Voltage Hobbies.

I have too, but it was a serious hit that should have broken more. My DHK Wolf would have been a throw away in the same crash. lol

Hey guys,
How about this ?!
Harden Steel Front CVD Driveshaft GPM
GPM MAK142FS

Anyone try the front or the rear?!

'They say:'
'
1. Made by harden steel #45, stronger and great durability to achieve smooth driving performance.
2. Diameter of dogbone has increased from 5mm to 6mm.

Same as original

Other special notes and comments
Length of dogbone : 142mm '

b_mak142fs.jpg

Hey guys,
How about this ?!
Harden Steel Front CVD Driveshaft GPM
GPM MAK142FS

Anyone try the front or the rear?!

'They say:'
'
1. Made by harden steel #45, stronger and great durability to achieve smooth driving performance.
2. Diameter of dogbone has increased from 5mm to 6mm.

Same as original

Other special notes and comments
Length of dogbone : 142mm '

b_mak142fs.jpg

Idk if I would trust their quality. They could be great but then again they could be really crappy.

yeah, i know cheaper... But if you can strenger up....why not?!
Just because they are thicker doesn't mean they are stronger, remember GPM doesn't use the greatest quality of materials in their products so there is a good possibility that those are made of an inferior quality steel than the stock ones. Myself along with a few others in this thread have had fitment issues with their parts as well.

I installed their steering components, its an improvement over the stocker plastic stuff for sure. Everything else on the car is Voltage.

Just to update on my shock tower, first run since I installed it and one roof landing did this.
To Voltage Hobbies I go.

oxO5Asvl.jpg
Thanks for the update on them. Well I'm happy I didn't order the GPM shock towers for my Senton then. Hopefully Voltage releases towers for the Senton soon as stock and GPM seem to be the only options for the Senton.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back