Kraton GPM Racing Aluminum Parts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just to update on my shock tower, first run since I installed it and one roof landing did this.
To Voltage Hobbies I go.

oxO5Asvl.jpg

Wow, landing on the lid only once did this. Was this from 40ft+ in the air and your Outcast landed on a rock? If not, even the stamped stock Arrma towers must be stronger than GPM shock towers? Sure not good for GPM sales. Thanks for the update. Not sure, but your rear wing also looks bent?

Wow, landing on the lid only once did this. Was this from 40ft+ in the air and your Outcast landed on a rock? If not, even the stamped stock Arrma towers must be stronger than GPM shock towers? Sure not good for GPM sales. Thanks for the update. Not sure, but your rear wing also looks bent?
Lol no I was on 4s and launched it off a 1' tall mound of gravel was out of practice and botched my first attempt at a front flip. Might have been 5-6 feet in the air at most. The stock tower held up much better. And I think that is just an illusion caused by the camera angle the fact that the tower is bent and the fact that my brace isn't exactly square in there.

Lol no I was on 4s and launched it off a 1' tall mound of gravel was out of practice and botched my first attempt at a front flip. Might have been 5-6 feet in the air at most. The stock tower held up much better. And I think that is just an illusion caused by the camera angle the fact that the tower is bent and the fact that my brace isn't exactly square in there.
Wow, only 4S & only 5-6ft in the air and the GPM shock tower looks like that. Not good. It looks like part of the reason (besides obviously using some cheap aluminum) is GPM possibly made the tower too tall, as it looks like both the top edges are worn from the roof landing impact? I was wondering if it might just be the camera angle for the wing, but wanted to point it out, just in case?

Wow, only 4S & only 5-6ft in the air and the GPM shock tower looks like that. Not good. It looks like part of the reason (besides obviously using some cheap aluminum) is GPM possibly made the tower too tall, as it looks like both the top edges are worn from the roof landing impact? I was wondering if it might just be the camera angle for the wing, but wanted to point it out, just in case?
Yeah the Gpm tower is a bit taller than the stock one, I can't even run the stock Outcast body on it. Even with my bug body I had to chop the end of the body off before the shock tower.
9MlQYknl.jpg

I'm gonna pull the shock tower off and see how easy it is to bend by hand.

Yeah the Gpm tower is a bit taller than the stock one, I can't even run the stock Outcast body on it. Even with my bug body I had to chop the end of the body off before the shock tower.
9MlQYknl.jpg

I'm gonna pull the shock tower off and see how easy it is to bend by hand.

Damn, it must be your camera angles, as the GPM tower looks bent before you even drove it LOL? If it bends by hand, now that would be really bad. Again, I wonder if the extra height of the tower helped contribute to it bending so easily?

Damn, it must be your camera angles, as the GPM tower looks bent before you even drove it LOL? If it bends by hand, now that would be really bad. Again, I wonder if the extra height of the tower helped contribute to it bending so easily?
No bending by hand. I tried a hammer got nowhere. I ended up having to use two pipe wrenches to bend this thing back into shape. Much much harder to bend than the stock one is hands down.
I'm thinking that had a lot to do with it, as the stock shock tower is pretty protected and this just hangs out in the open.
It looks much better now though. And now that I look at it the wing is kind of cockeyed.
V24G4Wvl.jpg

Last edited:
No bending by hand. I tried a hammer got nowhere. I ended up having to use two pipe wrenches to bend this thing back into shape. Much much harder to bend than the stock one is hands down.
I'm thinking that had a lot to do with it, as the stock shock tower is pretty protected and this just hangs out in the open.
It looks much better now though. And now that I look at it the wing is kind of cockeyed.
V24G4Wvl.jpg
I figured the GPM tower couldn't bend so easily after just one landing on the lid, so probably the towers height contributed to this. So it wasn't the camera angle...LOL

Hot Racing makes some nice stuff for our Arrmas! I have installed HR center diff mount (the piece that covers the spur gear) and the steering bell crank upgrade. The HR parts look amazing and have been performing flawlessly. I don't think GPM or Hot Racing parts are made from 7075 aluminum though. For chassis braces go for GKA or Voltage Hobbies. For shock towers its Voltage all the way. I'm running GKA chassis braces and servo mount along with Voltage shock towers. I do like how the Hot Racing chassis braces look and how they are cross drilled. I also bought GPM front and rear shocks. I did not install them yet but the anodizing looks killer and they have 5mm shafts. They look and feel high quality. I am looking for different spring options for the GPMs because I have a feeling they are too stiff and I don't like the orange color. So yes, GPM and Hot Racing have great quality!!! But personally, I would stay away from the GPM shock towers and chassis braces.

Hot Racing makes some nice stuff for our Arrmas! I have installed HR center diff mount (the piece that covers the spur gear) and the steering bell crank upgrade. The HR parts look amazing and have been performing flawlessly. I don't think GPM or Hot Racing parts are made from 7075 aluminum though. For chassis braces go for GKA or Voltage Hobbies. For shock towers its Voltage all the way. I'm running GKA chassis braces and servo mount along with Voltage shock towers. I do like how the Hot Racing chassis braces look and how they are cross drilled. I also bought GPM front and rear shocks. I did not install them yet but the anodizing looks killer and they have 5mm shafts. They look and feel high quality. I am looking for different spring options for the GPMs because I have a feeling they are too stiff and I don't like the orange color. So yes, GPM and Hot Racing have great quality!!! But personally, I would stay away from the GPM shock towers and chassis braces.

Thanks for Your answear. Unfortunatly I bought a lot of gpm parts including arms. For luck I bought shock towers from hr.

Attachments

• 56A4A54D-7499-438A-BDC7-A80B148A9132.jpeg
    56A4A54D-7499-438A-BDC7-A80B148A9132.jpeg
    400.7 KB · Views: 79
  • 60CA5A9B-B94C-4038-8055-37F75FEF7F45.jpeg
    60CA5A9B-B94C-4038-8055-37F75FEF7F45.jpeg
    271.4 KB · Views: 85
  • 5F6A184D-455C-4FBB-86FE-19ED4ED3A620.jpeg
    5F6A184D-455C-4FBB-86FE-19ED4ED3A620.jpeg
    391.3 KB · Views: 91
  • 0E62F958-8363-433A-A71B-F00C70B53CC0.jpeg
    0E62F958-8363-433A-A71B-F00C70B53CC0.jpeg
    343.4 KB · Views: 89
  • AC1AF27C-6BCD-4D9C-ABA0-4C16508C95F8.jpeg
    AC1AF27C-6BCD-4D9C-ABA0-4C16508C95F8.jpeg
    235 KB · Views: 78
It looks like you got a lot of nice parts!!! I think you will be happy with the GPM parts. The Voltage Hobby shock towers are virtually indestructible though. Definitely worth every penny. Same with the RPM bumper and skid plates. I never regret buying Kraton parts!!

Thanks for Your answear. Unfortunatly I bought a lot of gpm parts including arms. For luck I bought shock towers from hr.
Are you building a shelf queen? That is the only time you use aluminum for a arms ever. Aluminum a arms are about the worst thing you can put on a basher. They will either bend(especially the GPM garbage pot metal aluminum) or they will break your suspension mounts and bulkhead. Send them back and pick up some Rpm A Arms instead.

And comparing Hot Racing to GPM is like comparing a Cadillac CTS-V to a 2001 Hyundai Accent.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back