Kraton GPM Racing Aluminum Parts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you building a shelf queen? That is the only time you use aluminum for a arms ever. Aluminum a arms are about the worst thing you can put on a basher. They will either bend(especially the GPM garbage pot metal aluminum) or they will break your suspension mounts and bulkhead. Send them back and pick up some Rpm A Arms instead.

And comparing Hot Racing to GPM is like comparing a Cadillac CTS-V to a 2001 Hyundai Accent.

Thanks for the advice. I’m new in this hobby. I appreciate your quote

It looks like you got a lot of nice parts!!! I think you will be happy with the GPM parts. The Voltage Hobby shock towers are virtually indestructible though. Definitely worth every penny. Same with the RPM bumper and skid plates. I never regret buying Kraton parts!!

I will try them. I will order some @Voltage Hobbies parts with some rpm too. I need a o learn about this hobby. Thank you

Yeah this is crap.
XGf0LF7l.jpg

si1cWNUl.jpg
I know that Voltage and Hot Racing are better than GPM, but how do the GPM shock towers compare to the stock shock towers?

Last edited:
I know that Voltage and Hot Racing are better than GPM, but how do the GPM shock towers compare to the stock shock towers?
Um they look prettier.

Damn. I was hoping they would at least be better than stock LOL. Well I guess I will keep buying stock ones then.
I bent it on the first tumble I had on the first pack after putting it on, I thought it was from how it landed, but after a couple more packs I realized that it is just crap aluminum.

Now I'm just hoping that my center diff mount will hold up. Maybe I should just buy the Hot Racing one to be safe.

Now I'm just hoping that my center diff mount will hold up. Maybe I should just buy the Hot Racing one to be safe.
I really wish Hot Racing or @Voltage Hobbies would make shock towers for the Senton as stock and GPM are my only options currently. For the center diff mount I don't know how much stress is going through it to know if there is a difference for that part or not. I'm still running the stock plastic ones in my vehicles and haven't noticed any issues with them and I would imagine that the GPM metal ones would be stronger than those.....maybe....

I would never use aluminum suspension arms, especially if you do any bashing or jumps at all. You need some give somewhere & the a-arms is the best place to have some of this required flex.

I agree, GPM does not seem to be very high quality aluminum, as I've heard too many people having durability issues. GPM is not even cnc machined (just cast/stamped aluminum) & definitely not heat treated for strength. Really, I'm not sure if GPM is even better quality than the stock Arrma aluminum parts, although they look nice with all the different color anodizing.

Although Hot Racing does not use 7075 aluminum, their 6061 parts are cnc machined and heat treated (T6) for strength. The drilled holes actually makes their chassis braces much "lighter" than Voltage Hobbies or GKA braces, and you can clearly see they have taken time in their design and research with the different thickness, etc, they have used. These drilled holes do not seem to affect the durability, and so far, I have not seen anyone having durability issues with HR chassis braces.

I have HR (front & rear) chassis braces on both my 2018 Kraton and V3 Talion. I also use HR servo mount on just my Kraton, as the Talion servo mount does not need upgrading due to the different rotated servo design (just replace servo rubber grommets with solid servo mounts).

HR shock towers are also cnc machined and heat treated 6061-T6 aluminum, but I'm not sure if anyone has had any HR shock tower durability issues or not? However, if you are jumping huge air 40-50ft+, and weight is not an issue, Voltage Hobbies 7075-T6 shock towers & Voltage Hobbies or GKA chassis braces definitely look to be the most durable available.

However, for shock towers, there is another option, CARBON FIBER. Carbon fiber is stronger than aluminum and much 'lighter', so it is obviously one of the best upgrades you can do. Making your RC much more durable and lighter at the same time, is without a doubt, a win win, and really, I cannot think of a better upgrade than this.

Maxspeedparts (from Germany) and Xtreme Racing both offer carbon fiber shock towers for the Kraton/Outcast & V1-V2 Talion and now both offer c/f shock towers for the LP V3 Talion. I went with Maxspeedparts, and got carbon fiber shock towers for both my 2018 Kraton and V3 Talion. To keep my Talion as light as possible, I also got their carbon fiber front top plate, c/f steering rack (which comes with 4 steering post bearings, & 2 larger steering rack bearings), + some c/f steering tabs. All these carbon fiber parts just showed up here this morning, and look very high end quality.

Later, I will do some accurate weight comparisons for these c/f parts compared to the stock aluminum parts that I replace.

Last edited:
I agree with Slick2500 and RCROD. Aluminum a-arms cause warped diff housings. They caused me nothing but trouble in my Savage. When I figured out it was the aluminum arms causing my problems I swapped them out for the stock plastic. Aluminum arms also bust bearings in the hub and the diff housing...

Last edited:
Anyone tried the GPM steering bellcrank? I already have the HR bellcrank on my Kraton and I like it, but I am considering the GPM bellcrank for my Talion. Also since it is cheaper than the HR one… Please share your experiences… :):)

I really wish Hot Racing or @Voltage Hobbies would make shock towers for the Senton as stock and GPM are my only options currently. For the center diff mount I don't know how much stress is going through it to know if there is a difference for that part or not. I'm still running the stock plastic ones in my vehicles and haven't noticed any issues with them and I would imagine that the GPM metal ones would be stronger than those.....maybe....
The Senton and Typhon seem to get the least amount of love from the aftermarket companies.

The Senton and Typhon seem to get the least amount of love from the aftermarket companies.
Maybe, but there still seems to be some good support though:

maxspeedpartsde do have carbon fiber shock towers, c/f steering ackerman, c/f front plate, & c/f steering tabs for both the Senton & Typhon:
https://www.ebay.ie/sch/m.html?_ssn...11.TRC1.A0.H0.Xarrma.TRS0&_nkw=arrma&_sacat=0

Also TBone Racing has upgrade parts for both the Typhon & Senton:
https://tboneracing.net/collections/typhon
https://tboneracing.net/collections/senton
https://tboneracing.net/collections/senton-4x4

RPM rear skid plate & wing mount (rear skid plate also fits the Senton):
http://www.rpmrcproducts.com/make-model/arrma/typhon/

Voltage Hobbies also carries upgrade parts for the Typhon & Senton:
https://www.voltagehobbies.com/store/c9/Senton_Upgrades_.html
https://www.voltagehobbies.com/store/c8/Typhon_Upgrades_.html

GPM also carries upgrade parts for the Senton (some parts will fit Typhon):
https://www.gpmparts.com/arrma-senton-6s-blx-short-course-c-1532_4405_4521.html

Although I do not have the Typhon or Senton, many Hot Racing parts should fit:
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...rrma&_sacat=0&LH_TitleDesc=0&_odkw=hot+racing

Hey guys, any idea how good these aluminum pieces are if you've heard about them or use them and if it's worth the money to upgrade?

Thanks!
There at least better than complete plastic...i mean u can get spring steel high carbon unobtanium shock shafts but then attached are plastic rod ends. There fine for ur average person jst hooning rnd but i kno theres a community of us out there that want over kill, over engineered forged damascus or sum poop but for the price of standard parts these days maybe designed locally but then produced overseas to keep cost down producing inferior product

I want to know how those suspension mounts hold up.
My big issue with GPM is the same as my issue with Hot Racing and Integy, some of their parts are good and some are utter garbage. We need to compile a list of what is good and what is junk.

I do know the turnbuckles are no good, the rod ends pull out.

And incase no one knows Alza Racing also makes parts for Arrma. http://shop.alza-racing.com/en/24-arrma[/

I am still running the 5 GPM suspension mounts for over a year on my Talion on 6S and they hold up well, better than the stock ones on my Kraton (which I already needed to replace because they developed too much play). I like their design (with the delrin inserts in the aluminum) and will buy them again.

Has anyone ever found a good replacement turnbuckle end for the GPMs? Mine got so wallerd out that I cant use it anymore. I bought some traxxas ones and they kind of work. Even drilling them deeper and cutting them down they still are too long. The arrma ones kind of work too, drilled out and cut down, but hoping there is something better.
I really like the look and durability of my GPM turnbuckles. I had a hard crash and broke a ton of stuff. Turnbuckles were not among the broken parts. I want to keep using these but need better rod ends. Any help would be great! Thank you!

Has anyone ever found a good replacement turnbuckle end for the GPMs? Mine got so wallerd out that I cant use it anymore. I bought some traxxas ones and they kind of work. Even drilling them deeper and cutting them down they still are too long. The arrma ones kind of work too, drilled out and cut down, but hoping there is something better.
I really like the look and durability of my GPM turnbuckles. I had a hard crash and broke a ton of stuff. Turnbuckles were not among the broken parts. I want to keep using these but need better rod ends. Any help would be great! Thank you!
What is the diameter of the threads and how short/long do they need to be?

It has 5mm thread diameter and is 22mm long. From the thread end to the center of pivot point.
The ones I was thinking of are too long, but they can be cut down and you would still have about 8mm of the ball end to screw into still.

Attachments

• 15539146011214135829824640333915.jpg
    15539146011214135829824640333915.jpg
    384.6 KB · Views: 55
  • 15539146470739139144954621685427.jpg
    15539146470739139144954621685427.jpg
    513.1 KB · Views: 57
  • 15539147671564724716108642459582.jpg
    15539147671564724716108642459582.jpg
    223.2 KB · Views: 65
The ones I was thinking of are too long, but they can be cut down and you would still have about 8mm of the ball end to screw into still.
Those may work for me. I have a few photos I took. This is the arrma one that I cut down and drilled deeper to fit the best.
20190330_082347.jpg

This is the traxxas one I tried to make work... you can drive it but the back wheel it tilted out pretty bad at the top.
20190330_082208.jpg

This is a shot of how long my threads are... maybe I can cut a couple mil off the end of the threads? Maybe that would help the traxxas ones fit better.
20190330_082549.jpg

What brand ends do you have?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back