Kraton GPM Racing Aluminum Parts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those may work for me. I have a few photos I took. This is the arrma one that I cut down and drilled deeper to fit the best.View attachment 34132
This is the traxxas one I tried to make work... you can drive it but the back wheel it tilted out pretty bad at the top.
View attachment 34133
This is a shot of how long my threads are... maybe I can cut a couple mil off the end of the threads? Maybe that would help the traxxas ones fit better.View attachment 34134
What brand ends do you have?
Move the screw to the outer hole in the axle carrier, that will bring in the top of the wheel.

DUH!!!?? stupid me! Thanks slick, that's a great idea! I can leave them about 5mm longer and probably use both the traxxas and arrma ends with no issues. That's awesome! A little disappointed I didnt think of that myself lol thanks man

hey, is that the alza racing rear kraton shock tower and is it stronger than stock??
Looks like it. I know @Reubydoobe has the Alza towers he could certainly answer your question.

Looks like it. I know @Reubydoobe has the Alza towers he could certainly answer your question.
I did have it on my Talion conversion for a while. I bent it really badly doing silly jumps with no rear wing mount. As for it being stronger than stock yea it is because it was hard to get it straight again. The stock tower's are easy to flatten Alza wasn't. If I'd had a wing mount and wing on I don't think it would of bent so much.

However, for shock towers, there is another option, CARBON FIBER. Carbon fiber is stronger than aluminum and much 'lighter', so it is obviously one of the best upgrades you can do. Making your RC much more durable and lighter at the same time, is without a doubt, a win win, and really, I cannot think of a better upgrade than this.

Maxspeedparts (from Germany) and Xtreme Racing both offer carbon fiber shock towers for the Kraton/Outcast & V1-V2 Talion and now both offer c/f shock towers for the LP V3 Talion. I went with Maxspeedparts, and got carbon fiber shock towers for both my 2018 Kraton and V3 Talion. To keep my Talion as light as possible, I also got their carbon fiber front top plate, c/f steering rack (which comes with 4 steering post bearings, & 2 larger steering rack bearings), + some c/f steering tabs. All these carbon fiber parts just showed up here this morning, and look very high end quality.

Later, I will do some accurate weight comparisons for these c/f parts compared to the stock aluminum parts that I replace.
Hi dude. Did you do weight comparison? I really need that. I don't think cf is better than 7075 for bashing but i want to try. I hate feeling of my talion. Its too heavy. Firstly, I gonna get katar tires. Backflips are 350 grams! That means 600 weight lose? after changes even i can use lighter battery without lose on runtime

Hi dude. Did you do weight comparison? I really need that. I don't think cf is better than 7075 for bashing but i want to try. I hate feeling of my talion. Its too heavy. Firstly, I gonna get katar tires. Backflips are 350 grams! That means 600 weight lose? after changes even i can use lighter battery without lose on runtime
It's not unfortunately, aluminum will bend at least, same with plastic, carbon fiber just cracks or breaks.

Idk if I would trust their quality. They could be great but then again they could be really crappy.
And now they have cvds for the K8S. Someone is about to install them on their K8s, so I'm going to wait for them to see what they think, but from the track record, it doesn't look good for GPM ?

My first GPM upgrade arrived today, Kraton aluminum rear suspension mount. Curious to see how they will do...View attachment 13384
I have had lots of GPM parts for my Kraton 6s blx, my shock mount split after hitting a steek rod sticking out of the ground, but the GPM shock towers and arms all stayed in one piece, I did away with the GPM Wheelie bar as it was bent and the weight was an issue. Overall the parts are strong but to much Alloy has weakened other parts, so i have know decided to remove the GPM alloy for plastic RPM parts and M2C racing parts. My cars has cost me about 2k now, but you live and learn I guess.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back