Gpm shocks for 3s line

Tex Koder

2D , 3D Not a problem. I'll take that Challenge.
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Infraction
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Mojave
  5. Senton 3s
  6. Vendetta

Snowmandk

Reaction score
Has anyone used these and had good success with them?? On the typhon specifically. Contemplating aether these or the proline shocks. Thicker oil will be added regardless. Maybe I'm over thinking things but the sound of the chassis slap after a jump makes me cringe every time. https://www.gpmparts.com/arrma-gran...damper-115mm-6pc-set-gpm-mag115r-p-13707.html
Haven’t tried the GPM ones yet (and never will) but as Tex Koder said, get the 6s shocks from Jenny’s, they work great.

Also, please keep in mind that that chassis slap is what’s saving your shocks from exploding after landing big jumps.
Without chassis slap you are running the risk of bending shock shafts, breaking pistons or blowing off shock caps.

Chassis slap is your friend 👍

Mb_248

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Vorteks
Chassis slap is your friend 

i was trying to add spacers to the shocks on my first run with it at the skate park. There was just something about the sound of it slapping the concrete that I couldn't get used to. Maybe I will overcome that. The first run didn't last too long before busting a front shock mount and also busted the esc mounting tabs. Once I get those fixed, I'll pick up a set of the 6s shocks to try. Maybe with some 50wt oil to start.

Hector_Fisher

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Kraton EXB
^ Exactly this.

Chassis slap is okay. If you don't chassis slap, all of the force is being transferred to remaining components, which is not good. Chassis and all attached components can handle a large amount of abuse from landing on the ground (slapping). Your hinge pins, A-arms, shocks, and shock towers are not designed to absorb all of the energy of the falling truck.

Velodromed

One to turn, two to burn.
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Kraton 4s
  5. Notorious
  6. Outcast 4s
  7. Typhon 3s
  8. Vorteks
  9. Voltage
  10. Infraction 4x4
Chassis slap is normal and needed really. If you try to set up to avoid it you’ll be putting a lot of stress on the arms and where they connect to the chassis.

Not sure about those GPM shocks. Never used them but haven’t heard great things about them either. I love 6s shocks on the 3s line and have them on 5, 3 and 4s cars. 6s typhon shocks are pricey. So are the following but not quite as much. I like 6s front Kraton shocks for the rear and 6s front mojave shocks for the front.

You also need axial bushings for the top mount and since the stock springs are pretty heavy, team associated yellow springs. So yeah, they are pricey but last a long time (all mine are around 2 years old) and work extremely well. They aren’t as expensive as proline shocks though, I think, and parts are readily available for servicing and in case you manage to bend a rod some how.

Mb_248

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Vorteks
^ Exactly this.

Chassis slap is okay. If you don't chassis slap, all of the force is being transferred to remaining components, which is not good. Chassis and all attached components can handle a large amount of abuse from landing on the ground (slapping). Your hinge pins, A-arms, shocks, and shock towers are not designed to absorb all of t
The extra spacers must be what helped break the shock tower
he energy of the falling truck.
Having a lot of issues with this site on my phone. goes haywire when i try to quote/reply

slick2500

If it ain't broke, you're doing it wrong.
Community Leader
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Kraton EXB
  3. Outcast 6s
  4. Senton 3s
  5. Typhon 3s
The GPM shocks are more of a bling item than anything else. Some have tried them and had them leak or fall apart.
The Prolines are nice but cost half the price of the car.