Gpm shocks for typhon 3s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TimePancake

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 3s
I've read the shock sticky so many times and tried a few options but I've seen these are pretty new out, wonder if anyone has experience with them?

I've rebuilt the standard arrma shocks twice, last time with the v3 O-Rings, and my car now sits in a big puddle of silicone wee... Zds I ran last year not much use either, hot racing bodies look great but cost way too much in UK 🤷‍♂️

I have the same problem with my typhon 3s and the leaking shocks. I have to refill the shock oil every time I drive it.

I haven't used the GPM shocks, but judging from videos, they perform pretty well and people are happy with them. Here's one.
EDIT: I didn't realize GPM doesn't sell replacement components. So if one component breaks, you'd have to find a compatible replacement or buy another 2 shocks.

Last edited:
I've checked ebay UK a few times, they're not easy to find 😕

IIRC they are sold as the Fastrax brand in the UK. Or you can order them directly from GPM, either way they come directly from China most of the time.

IIRC they are sold as the Fastrax brand in the UK. Or you can order them directly from GPM, either way they come directly from China most of the time.
I'll look those up. I didn't realise you could get them direct from Gpm, ebay seems to be full of copies at the minute

I've got some GPM shocks on my Granite BLX and they've held up fine, no leaks or bending.

On my K6S, that's another story. On a rig of that weight, don't bother. The springs permanently compress and distort and over time you end up with alot of horizontal play through the entire shock assembly.

If I was in the market again for my Granite, I'd do this:

Put Kraton 6s front shocks on the rear and Mojave 6s front shocks on the front.

Try Jenny's RC. I'm in Australia and the postage wouldn't be much more than $10AU to me so maybe £5. Can't believe it would be much different to the UK.

I've got some GPM shocks on my Granite BLX and they've held up fine, no leaks or bending.

On my K6S, that's another story. On a rig of that weight, don't bother. The springs permanently compress and distort and over time you end up with alot of horizontal play through the entire shock assembly.

If I was in the market again for my Granite, I'd do this:

Try Jenny's RC. I'm in Australia and the postage wouldn't be much more than $10AU to me so maybe £5. Can't believe it would be much different to the UK.
The UK has kit breakers like Jenny's Badtouch breakers is one and I can't remember what the other one was called.

The shock bodies are almost identical. The springs are much stiffer than the Typhon 6S springs. Typhon 6s springs are extremely soft. Even softer than the stock Arrma 3s springs. I tried 4 different spring combinations and finally settled on the Team Associated RC8B3 yellow springs with 60wt oil. Firm enough for jumping but soft enough for a nice fast run across a bumpy field. And they are almost half the price of the Typhon 6s shocks, plus the extra $15 for the new springs. Or you can run the stiffer springs that they come with.

The shock bodies are almost identical. The springs are much stiffer than the Typhon 6S springs. Typhon 6s springs are extremely soft. Even softer than the stock Arrma 3s springs. I tried 4 different spring combinations and finally settled on the Team Associated RC8B3 yellow springs with 60wt oil. Firm enough for jumping but soft enough for a nice fast run across a bumpy field. And they are almost half the price of the Typhon 6s shocks, plus the extra $15 for the new springs. Or you can run the stiffer springs that they come with.
Thanks. Do they require some sort of bladder as well? It looks like they attach differently.

^^^^^Yes, what Slick said.^^^^^ You need Axial 7.5mmx8mm shock bushings for the upper mount and a couple washers for the lower mount so the drive shafts don't rub them. This goes for all of the 6s shocks when putting them on the 3s rigs.

The UK has kit breakers like Jenny's Badtouch breakers is one and I can't remember what the other one was called.
Thanks you for the link 👍

I checked them out... They're currently out of stock 🤦‍♂️. I'll keep checking though, and fleabay too

Someone recently made a post with a broken GPM shock rod end. I didn't realize they were aluminum. Looks like others have reported bending shafts. It doesn't look like you can buy GPM replacement components, you'd have to buy another two shocks. Hard to recommend these shocks if that's the case. Do you know if there if there are compatible replacement shock rod ends or shock shafts?

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back