Kraton GPM Steering Assembly

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fat Corgi

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
So I've been changing a few parts on my V4 Kraton, and one of which was the Steering Assembly kit from GPM. I know a lot of you have issues with their stuff, but for the steering assembly, I thought they'll be fine. What I did have trouble with was making the set fit without rubbing on the front diff housing. The included counter-sunk washers, are too large and foul on the diff case. Easy solution, use different screws and washers. You should also include a single M3 washer between the steering posts and the ackerman plate to lift the plate slightly higher so as not to rub on the diff housing.
It all works fine, but I thought I'd just let people know incase someone else has the same issue in the future.

IMG_9062.jpg

I like that the steering arms or post covers are metal but if your going to jump and bash I'd almost guarantee the ackerman will bend like a rainbow. The stock one bends pretty easy and GPM metal is softer material than the Arrma metal. I'd suggest picking up an m2c, JBI, CRCU etc ackerman unless your not going to jump it at all. Also i highly suggest to get rid of the metal bushings for bearings on the steering posts for a lot smoother turning. Here's what my stock ackerman looked like after some decent sends so I went with m2c which hasn't bent at all even after some nasty nose landings
Screenshot_20211109-043820_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20211109-043840_Instagram.jpg

I like that the steering arms or post covers are metal but if your going to jump and bash I'd almost guarantee the ackerman will bend like a rainbow. The stock one bends pretty easy and GPM metal is softer material than the Arrma metal. I'd suggest picking up an m2c, JBI, CRCU etc ackerman unless your not going to jump it at all. Also i highly suggest to get rid of the metal bushings for bearings on the steering posts for a lot smoother turning. Here's what my stock ackerman looked like after some decent sends so I went with m2c which hasn't bent at all even after some nasty nose landingsView attachment 179012View attachment 179013
That is what mine looks like as well. I didn't even realize until I started tearing the car apart. I ran 3-5 times with it bent. I am switching Ackerman's anyway as I am doing the Kraton arms conversion.

Wow, good effort! I'm definitely not that hard on my rig, but it's good to see. I would upgrade the ackerman plate at a later state if required.

Let yours break/bend first. Then consider one. They can be hammered out to a point. But when you rebend it it becomes even weaker and weaker, bending even more easily. If you are not hard on, it may last a while. With 6s rigs.
User error can get the best of these akerman plates.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back