GPM steering block with HOT RACING hun cap nut

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can the gpm steering block and the hot racing hub caps be used together?

Is it okay to have aluminium on aluminium okay to do or will it cause too much friction?

If I understand what you are asking, the hub caps actually screw onto the wheel hex, and those are aluminum. I have aluminum caps on my wheel hex, no issues so far.

not sure if we are on the same page but i have attached pictures now. can both be combined?
hotracing.JPG
gpm.JPG

Oh I see what you are asking now. I don't see why it would be a issue, but better wait for someone else who has replaced the steering blocks with aluminum ones.

edit...can you even find plastic/composite hubs?

thanks mate.

Seems like a stupid question but since my common sense is not on par with the rc world i better ask everything lol.... like how i drove my kraton with different sized wheels on the front and back. :(

thanks mate.

Seems like a stupid question but since my common sense is not on par with the rc world i better ask everything lol.... like how i drove my kraton with different sized wheels on the front and back. :(

Better to ask then not ask and ruin something. This hobby is expensive and parts add up quick. If I had a choice, I would use plastic, if you can find them. This would be 100% safer than aluminum on aluminum.

Hi

Here is a trick I used to replace the plastic caps on one of my rc's with steel caps, I used big set screws and cut the pointed ends off with a Dremal.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back