GPM tierod triangle hop up. How to install?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Kraton 8S
  3. Kraton EXB
  4. Kraton 4s
  5. Mojave EXB
Anyone ever install this on their Kraton 8S or their Outkast 8S? Looks like the triangle plate is supposed to mount to the top of the diff housing but a hole tap is going to be required to make the mounting holes? Is this correct or am I missing something?

b_makx049r_SUB_6.jpg

Thanks for the pic, I have seen that before but its a little confusing cuz thats the O8 and the K8 looks a tad bit different in that section. That pic is what leads me to believe that I need to tap new holes because I don't see any other way to mount it. Youd think GPM would have some sort of instructions for this.

The center screw looks like bolts directly into an exsisting screw hole but there are no other screw holes for the other two screws. It does seem to fit there though so Im assuming I need to buy a hole tap and make my own holes. Thats not so much of a problem if thats what is meant to happen but I just want to try and verify that before making those kinds of modifications.
20210721_102630.jpg

On a side note. Anyone know what these grub screw looking pieces are in the rear a-arms? I just noticed them when I went to take the first pic.
20210721_102700.jpg

Those are the droop screws inside the a-arm. If you tighten them down further they make contact with the "ears" on the chassis which will limit the extension/down travel. Some of us use that as a method to lower the vehicle also for speed/street running.

It appears that top of the diff housing does have 3 screw holes. You will likely have to pull the ARA320474 and uncover it all to see them.

1626879266534.png

I believe that is to adjust the droop on the suspension

Those are the droop screws inside the a-arm. If you tighten them down further they make contact with the "ears" on the chassis which will limit the extension/down travel. Some of us use that as a method to lower the vehicle also for speed/street running.

It appears that top of the diff housing does have 3 screw holes. You will likely have to pull the ARA320474 and uncover it all to see them.

View attachment 159371
Thanks for the heads up on the droop screws and especially on this exploded view. Id have never thought to check it because it seems odd to me to have that little plastic plate covering two screws. It doesn't seem to have any real functionality?

Thanks for the heads up on the droop screws and especially on this exploded view. Id have never thought to check it because it seems odd to me to have that little plastic plate covering two screws. It doesn't seem to have any real functionality?
Decorative cover as far as I can tell....

The front & rear bulkheads are the same. If you look at the front bulkhead you will see how the top plate bolts into the bulkhead with all 3 holes. The cover on the rear simply covers up the other 2 holes. I actually bolted a top plate to the rear bulkhead & used it to double up on huge beefy links & add dirt guards:

20210530_153832.jpg

20210525_104058.jpg

Last edited:
The front & rear bulkheads are the same. If you look at the front bulkhead you will see how the top plate bolts into the bulkhead with all 3 holes. The cover on the rear simply covers up the other 2 holes. I actually bolted a top plate to the rear bulkhead & used it to double up on huge beefy links & add dirt guards:

View attachment 159447
View attachment 159449
Do you find the rear dirt gaurds help much? The ones on the front of mine seem to do a pretty good job but then I tend to run more in grass than dirt so I may try some read dirt gaurds myself.

I replaced my stock ESC and motor fans with some high rpm ones. They are loud buy man do they move some air around! Finally got my rear tie rods all mounted up too. :)

Decorative cover as far as I can tell....
I suppose, that it has some sense in order to prevent this holes from clogging. For me it is more interesting what is that for from very beginning? For me it looks like initial Arrma intention to has possibility to upgrade chassis nods, especially in collaboration with GPM.

View attachment 159447
View attachment 159449
According to you explanation it is very possible.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back