Talion GPS mounting location

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jjl5590

Reaction score
Can anyone think of a better mounting location than this?

DSC_0421.jpg

I would mount that GPS under the body somewhere with Velcro, double sided tape and superglue. Or cable tie it somewhere to the car away from moving parts. In the Kraton I use the roll cage.
At least she has a chance of surviving if you crash.

Getting lazy and leaving it outside the body and it will smash to bits. Even a hard hit to the chassis and not to the GPS itself will shatter the internals of these Cheaply made GPS's. I'm on my 4th one in 2 years. I now use a GPS padded case and mount it anywhere safe on the chassis. Waterproof and foam padded. I have my recent GPS for over a year now. Not a scratch on it. My next will be the BT version. I don't need to see every single speed as I bash. Gets silly after a while. The novelty wears off quick with repeated broken GPS's rather fast. Don't you think? Just my experience. I only care about immediate speed results when speed running my Lim or Infr. On my Kraton and other rigs. It is no big deal.

I usually download the data using the GPS software on my PC and get more accurate readings Distance traveled, I can adjust the framrates etc . Speeds are usually higher and more accurate to the 10th digit FYI.. Easier to change from KPH to MPH in the PC software. If you are not doing this and only depend on what you see on the display, you are not using it the best way

Amazon.com: Gorilla Box Heavy-Duty Waterproof Magnetic Stash Case for GPS Trackers & Spare Keys - Rust-Proof Magnet - Color-Matched to Car Chassis - (Standard Size)
Once you break several, you will realize it is not practical to leave them exposed and un protected. When your wallet tells you enough already, you may rethink this. IDK. ?‍♂️

Last edited:
Getting lazy and leaving it outside the body and it will smash to bits. Even a hard hit to the chassis and not to the GPS itself will shatter the internals of these Cheaply made GPS's. I'm on my 4th one in 2 years. I now use a GPS padded case and mount it anywhere safe on the chassis. Waterproof and foam padded. I have my recent GPS for over a year now. Not a scratch on it. My next will be the BT version. I don't need to see every single speed as I bash. Gets silly after a while. The novelty wears off quick with repeated broken GPS's rather fast. Don't you think? Just my experience. I only care about immediate speed results when speed running my Lim or Infr. On my Kraton and other rigs. It is no big deal.

I usually download the data using the GPS software on my PC and get more accurate readings Distance traveled, I can adjust the framrates etc . Speeds are usually higher and more accurate to the 10th digit FYI.. Easier to change from KPH to MPH in the PC software. If you are not doing this and only depend on what you see on the display, you are not using it the best way

Amazon.com: Gorilla Box Heavy-Duty Waterproof Magnetic Stash Case for GPS Trackers & Spare Keys - Rust-Proof Magnet - Color-Matched to Car Chassis - (Standard Size)
Once you break several, you will realize it is not practical to leave them exposed and un protected. When your wallet tells you enough already, you may rethink this. IDK. ?‍♂️
I think it should be pretty safe secured underneath the body

I zip-tied my phone to my battery thingy when doing speed runs with a very unstable SCT (Slash) at 100 km/h. No damage at all. I think I got lucky, as I only crashed it into a heavily overgrown ditch once

You probably should’ve left it where it was. You would have one less rectangle in your body.
That GPS won’t last long if that car goes for a descent roll.

You probably should’ve left it where it was. You would have one less rectangle in your body.
That GPS won’t last long if that car goes for a descent roll.
Sorry I don't understand? No amount of rolling should result in anything coming into contact with the GPS

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back