Typhon GPS Speed-0-60 times

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mjscharlotte

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
  2. Typhon 6s
Hey guys,
I just picked up a Typhon 3s for my son and a Typhon 6s for me. I'm curious about top speeds and acceleration etc.. I've searched all over and can't find any GPS/Speedometers that do top speed and acceleration. I've read about people using the Dynamite or the SkyRC sensors but I can't find any info. about acceleration only the top speed. Does anyone know of a sensor that will do more than top speed?

Last edited:
With a good Lipo, out the box, the advertised on the box top speeds with the appropriate pinion are in the ballpark.. give or take a couple of mph.

Your standard 6S Typhon is calculated to have around 750bhp/ton which is actually pretty insane.
Acceleration times I'm not so sure about.. be interesting to know.

I’m not sure how accurate you want to be but the GSM-015 (and other probably too) has a way of recording your run and you could probably take the speeds and math the rest. A GoPro Hero will also do GPS speed with an accelerometer. But it’s not going to spit out a 60ft time. You will have to playback and calculate it.

I have an app on my phone that can give you your 0-60 and 1/4 mile times not sure if it works without being connected to an ob2 adapter or not.
Screenshot_20200317-131520_Torque.jpg

That’s why I would use an old backup phone. I have an iPhone 5, 6, and an older Android too.
I don't have an old backup phone as I usually only upgrade my phones when they stop working. I've been averaging 2.5 years out of a phone.

I don't have an old backup phone as I usually only upgrade my phones when they stop working. I've been averaging 2.5 years out of a phone.
I used to do a new one every two years but have been using this iPhone X for almost 3 years now. (Nov 2017)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back