Granite 2wd vs Voltage vs ECX Ruckus

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sethman29

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
hey guys. Im brand new to the hobby and want to make a smart investment for my first truck.

Are there any real differences between the voltage, and a 2wd brushed granite?

Initially i thought i wanted the granite 4x4 but i would still need a lipo battery and charger, and apparently the servo's are junk?

Wondering if im better off getting the voltage for what $139?

Or the ECX ruckus is $189 and comes with a 2s Lipo.

Im apologize for all the scattered thoughts. The granite 4x4 looks absolutely killer! Kind of confused on what to do :/

@Sethman29 both have their pros and cons. If you haven't already, check out https://ecxforum.com, which is a sister site to ArrmaForum.

I wouldn't put to much into the fact the ECX has a LiPo battery and LiPo charger as they are about as basic as you can get and will more than likely be changing them out anyways.

On the flip side, the Arrma 4x4 issues such as the servo are very easily resolved as well by simply upgrading to a little better servo such as the Savox SW-0231MG.

I would vote the ECX Ruckus. The ECX line just seems more solid vs the ECX line. The new Voltage - it looks nice, but comes with the crappy ADS5 that often will not last a full battery before stripping the gears. As for the rest of the trucks durability, I can hope, but it has not proven itself.

The ECX cars have been out a long time, and are known good. I have a almost 3 year old Torment (same truck, different tires and body) - purchased brushless, downgraded to brushed for my younger kids. It is a tank. Very few broken parts, very few upgrades. No the servo is not great, but it will probably last a dozen runs before it gives up. Steering has lots of slop, but this is not a race truck, and it goes where you point it, and it does not break. Driveshafts sometimes snap, but I have only broke 4 in the life of the truck...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back