Granite Granite 3S —Multiple Issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pjmofperk

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fury
I’m not sure if this should be multiple threads or not by here she goes:

1) Last couple of times I ran it the reverse function worked only once in a while, most of the time it didn’t work. When it didn’t work, if I didn’t apply brakes the gears kept turning. Is this the ESC, the radio, the transmission?

2) When I land nose down on a jump I often have to reset the ESC to factory settings. Something about this seems to put the ESC out of whack. Thoughts?

3) When I hitting the ramp, it lands on it’s wheels then flips over. Do I need to install shock spacers, use a heavier weight of oil? Suggestions? If I am to install the shock spacers I think that’s done by pulling Down the shock spring then clipping on the.spacer. Am I wrong? I tried to attach a video by can’t from my iPad.

4) The steering servo doesn’t have enough torque to turn the wheels on grass. It only turns a little bit. Paved surfaces, dirt, and gravel are ok. Can anyone recommend an upgraded servo that’s not too hard to install? (I am a noob).

I always appreciate your input and solutions. Thank you in advance for your help.

1. Sometimes for reverse I have to complete stop. Hit full break and then try reverse again. The reverse issue might be part of your number 2 problem though. Never heard of esc cutting like that but it might just be failing. Loose wire inside or something idk.

3. If you put more spacers on it'll just make the truck bounce more because the springs will be tighter. I would try a heavier fluid to slow down the springs

4. I just put these in and so far so good. You need the servo saver with the new servo because it has more teeth than stock

https://www.amazon.com/ANNIMOS-Digi...servo&qid=1626209632&sprefix=animos+25&sr=8-3

https://www.amainhobbies.com/arrma-...Vhb5mGawSRhS1cteAn3FtILnsOPL4_jhoC6_EQAvD_BwE

I’m not sure if this should be multiple threads or not by here she goes:

1) Last couple of times I ran it the reverse function worked only once in a while, most of the time it didn’t work. When it didn’t work, if I didn’t apply brakes the gears kept turning. Is this the ESC, the radio, the transmission?

2) When I land nose down on a jump I often have to reset the ESC to factory settings. Something about this seems to put the ESC out of whack. Thoughts?

3) When I hitting the ramp, it lands on it’s wheels then flips over. Do I need to install shock spacers, use a heavier weight of oil? Suggestions? If I am to install the shock spacers I think that’s done by pulling Down the shock spring then clipping on the.spacer. Am I wrong? I tried to attach a video by can’t from my iPad.

4) The steering servo doesn’t have enough torque to turn the wheels on grass. It only turns a little bit. Paved surfaces, dirt, and gravel are ok. Can anyone recommend an upgraded servo that’s not too hard to install? (I am a noob).

I always appreciate your input and solutions. Thank you in advance for your help.
Just one thread please for all your ‘getting acquainted’ granite issues 😉

you have several settings- forward/reverse (no brake), forward/brake/reverse, forward. Think that’s it. The car came set on forward/brake/reverse, Which means that if you’re going forward and then you hit reverse it’ll actually break, and then you have to hit reverse again for it to actually go in reverse.

when you’re landing nose down you’re probably temporarily disconnecting the power somewhere? That would explain why you have to reset it to factory settings I think. Yeah… obvious thing to check is all of your connections at the receiver and everywhere. Which means you need to remove the top of the receiver box off. You have a manual to refer to you for stuff like this, and YouTube videos. If not that, you may slowly be breaking it doing face plants, i am not sure.

You’re running stock shocks right? Have you ever checked the oil level? Trying usually come from the factory barely half full. Buy some 50 weight and put it in there that’s a good place to start. Don’t run too many pre load spacers also.

The stock servo often dies quick. Did you set steering and throttle points? Check the manual and find razorrc’s you tube videos on the subject.

I would guess your throttle trim knob is off. Make sure it's centered at the dot.

And what do you mean by "reset the ESC to factory settings"? What procedure are you doing to do this?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back