Granite 3s BLX Axle Diameter

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No they will not.
The Granite axle diameter is 6mm, and the cross pin is 2.5mm

But do you really want a 25mm offset? It would be a bad news to the bearings.

No they will not.
The Granite axle diameter is 6mm, and the cross pin is 2.5mm

But do you really want a 25mm offset? It would be a bad news to the bearings.

No, I would rather go with something shorter if I could find one that would fit a 6mm axle. All the ones I see fit 4 or 5mm axles. First I need to find some shocks, Ive got 3 stock ones leaking now after I rebuilt 2 of them. I'm trying to hold off till I can find some V2 Typhon shocks, I've ordered 2 sets of aftermarket shocks online and neither of them have fit correctly.

What 12mm hex wheels and tires are u trying to fit on the duratrax 12mm adapter that wont fit?

What 12mm hex wheels and tires are u trying to fit on the duratrax 12mm adapter that wont fit?

I have Duratrax 12mm hex adapters on my Granite 3s BLX and I can use ANY 12mm wheel and tire as long as they have at least a half inch offset to clear the steering knuckle and ball joint. An example that fit would be the Badlands MX28 model 10125-14. I haven't found any that will not fit as long as they are 2.8 inch wheels with an offset.

On my Granite 3s BLX I have tried Duratrax Hatchets, they have plenty of grip but the rubber is really soft and feels cheap they are so soft you can pinch the rubber between your fingers easily, they balloon worse at high speed than any I have ever seen but off road they work great.
I have a set of Speedtreads Vindicators they are better on-road than the Hatchets (mainly because they do not flex when cornering as much) the rubber doesn't feel as cheap and thin either. They are soft also but not as soft as the others and they worked pretty good off road as well.
I also tried a cheap set of wheels and tires from Amazon they didn't even last a full run. The hex completely busted out of the center of the wheel and one of the other tires tore before that happened and I only ran them on road.

For right now the best tires for me are the stock dBoots ones. I'm sure I will eventually find a better tire setup.

I am also looking for a decent set of 12mm extenders i have the 12mm hub adapters, i bought a pair of duratrax lockup belted tires, and they come with beadlock rims. The inside ring where the srews go bulge out far enough to hit the knuckle, so im just looking for something just long enough to clear the knuckles.

I bought some from Amazon that are +20 mm offset because I didn't realize I bought buggy tires and they seem to work fine with blue loc-tite. The only problem I have with then is the pin in a little smaller than the stock one but when all tightened down is not an issue.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back