Granite Granite 3S BLX Punch Setting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bucko1980

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Granite
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Typhon 3s
For those of you running a 3S in your Granite 3S BLX, what do you have your punch setting at? Mine is at the default 3, but when i hit the trottle all it wants to do is flip over.

For those of you running a 3S in your Granite 3S BLX, what do you have your punch setting at? Mine is at the default 3, but when i hit the trottle all it wants to do is flip over.

I think mine is default but you can certainly change it to two or one and give it a shot. I tend to ease into the throttle more when tires are new but when they wear in we get less traction and three may be where you want it again.

Bassicly you remove the driveshaft and stick your 2mm hex tool into the hole of the sliper and you will feel it go inside the screw head then you just roll gently the car foward to tight it or backward to loosen it a bit if it doesn't buldge at all i will say dissasemble the motor module and get your slipper clutch assembly on your hand and put a hex driver trought the hole and toght it or loosen

Take out the center driveshaft and put a 2mm hex driver inside the red spline. Turn counterclockwise a 1/4 turn. Put shaft back in and run it. If it still flips, loosen it another 1/4 turn at a time

image.jpg

Keep in mind don't loose it too much just adjust it a little at the time

Bassicly you remove the driveshaft and stick your 2mm hex tool into the hole of the sliper and you will feel it go inside the screw head then you just roll gently the car foward to tight it or backward to loosen it a bit if it doesn't buldge at all i will say dissasemble the motor module and get your slipper clutch assembly on your hand and put a hex driver trought the hole and toght it or loosen
Thanks. I found the screw. I bought a spare 4s slipper then JennysRC had them.

Never thought about rolling the car a bit to adjust...

don't mess with the slipper, it's not what it is made for, instead don't press the throttle all at once, just ease into it, or set the punch to 1 to help you with that.
Disagree big time. I’ve owned two (now three) of the 4x4 rigs for a long time now and have a lot of experience with these slippers and driveshafts. If you keep the slipper tight, it’s a matter of time before the u-joints pop. The only way to prevent it is a slightly loose slipper.

don't mess with the slipper, it's not what it is made for, instead don't press the throttle all at once, just ease into it, or set the punch to 1 to help you with that.
The slipper is what makes your car slip under heavy throtle making protecting the internals of the car.
You need to find the sweet spot
A too tight slipper might wear your diff faster breaking driveshafts or poping them out and make your electronics more warm

I didn’t advice to lock the slipper, it should be set appropriately so it protects the drivetrain of course.

what I meant is that it is not intended to be used as “launch control” mechanism, setting the slipper that loose will overheat it. Instead set the punch control to 1, that’s what should be used for the purpose.

I didn’t advice to lock the slipper, it should be set appropriately so it protects the drivetrain of course.

what I meant is that it is not intended to be used as “launch control” mechanism, setting the slipper that loose will overheat it. Instead set the punch control to 1, that’s what should be used for the purpose.
This makes sense. The slipper is more for protection of the drivetrain in a crash rather than stopping mass acceleration...

The easiest thing initially would be to play with the punch setting and see what you like... Just a few button presses. This has the added benefit of being kinder to your motor, esc and batteries...

Also, not jamming the throttle (as fun as it is to do!) would be a good step too...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back