Granite 3S BLX Stock Tires

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

godfella691981

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
So today I made a trip to my LHS. I was looking for a Brute body for my Granite but they didn't have one. So I was looking at a set of the stock tires and wheels on the shelf and noticed that they are a LOT softer then the wheels and tires that come from the factory on a Granite, even the shop owner was confused I don't understand why this is but I think they don't put foams in them when you buy them separate has anyone else noticed this?

I read that the mega and the BLX versions have different densities of foam. the mega was softer than the BLX versions if I recall correctly.

I read that the mega and the BLX versions have different densities of foam. the mega was softer than the BLX versions if I recall correctly.

They also have different model tires. They weren't the dBoots.

It was weird, I went to the hobby shop to pick up a set of MX28's but ended up buying another stock set of dBoots instead plus it saved me some money, I didn't have enough to get extensions plus the MX28s right then.

When I was looking at the MX28s me and the hobby shop owner tried them on a Granite 3s BLX he had sitting on the counter they just barely clear the upper steering knuckle without extensions so he turned around and grabbed a set of new factory stock tires off the rack and said well you could always buy another stock set, and that's when he said wow feel the difference in these tires. The Granite on the counter (which was new out of the box) had firmer tires then the identical stock dBoots tires & wheels that he had just ordered from Arrma for his inventory. I have never seen this before that's why I posted it here.

I put the mega tires on my BRCC and they tore up after a week or so. I'm still running the stock tires on my Granite BLX and they've held up fine. Maybe it was the softer foam than lead to the Mega tires tearing.

I bet it was the softer foam. When I compared the 2 in the hobby shop the ones for the Mega are a LOT softer than the BLX tires. I think I would have better luck with some cheap Amazon ones then the mega ones

My stock Senton BLX tires lasted a week. They seemed very soft, and the rubber felt thin. Two were pretty much bald, and the other two tore (95% pavement). I put these Vultures on today. I had to trim the body a little with the wider offset. So far, I think I am going to like them...plenty of snow coming this weekend to really test them. I also picked up some Duratrax Pickets for drier pavement use. The Speedtreads Vindicators may be a good fit for the Granite.

A49CAC2D-A395-4589-B72A-B1936B40F63B.jpeg

Last edited:
My stock Senton BLX tires lasted a week. They seemed very soft, and the rubber felt thin. Two were pretty much bald, and the other two tore (95% pavement). I put these Vultures on today. I had to trim the body a little with the wider offset. So far, I think I am going to like them...plenty of snow coming this weekend to really test them. I also picked up some Duratrax Pickets for drier pavement use. The Speedtreads Vindicators may be a good fit for the Granite.

I have a set of Speedtreads Vindicators, the rubber has worn out really quick. And those only got ran on 2s. Their good off road though, same with the Hatchets I got.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back