Granite 3S BLX. Will this pinion gear fit my stock (now upgraded to steel 57T) spur gear?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If it's the Arrma MOD 0.8 57t steel spur, then yes, they should fit. There's around 1% difference in pitch between MOD 0.8 and 32p and will be unnoticeable when running although some may say it will cause a little excessive wear over time

Arrma do their own MOD 0.8 15t 5mm bore steel pinion though, so I would try to get this one if I could instead, part number AR310424

Just looked at the one I had ordered that didnt fit...thought it was a 32p but it's not, it's a Mod 1. My mistake. Good to know the 32p will work if need be...having trouble tracking down a 15T here in Canada. Thanks @Yas! ?

I never understood this part, if there's a difference, wouldnt it get bigger over time? wouldnt it will be forced to skip teeth after not that many turns?

People are probably weighing the 1% size difference related to the increase in wear vs the time it will take to likely replace that part anyway. The 1% is likely not the make or break for these parts failing.

But honestly I don't know - just my guess in the theory.

I never understood this part, if there's a difference, wouldnt it get bigger over time? wouldnt it will be forced to skip teeth after not that many turns?
The difference in pitch between the two is too small for the teeth to skip. It'll just mean a little loss of efficiency with each turn as the teeth will slide against each other by just a fraction, instead of providing a more efficient linear motion

I’d stay away from Arrma pinions altogether as their quality is questionable.. especially with a steel spur gear. Go with RRP 8713 (13t) or 8715 (15t). Both are 0.8mod 5mm bore extra duty units.

I’d stay away from Arrma pinions altogether as their quality is questionable.. especially with a steel spur gear. Go with RRP 8713 (13t) or 8715 (15t). Both are 0.8mod 5mm bore extra duty units.

is there somewhere we can find after market pinions for these trucks? (6s)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back