Granite 3s build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Harriot10

Speed runner with a learner’s permit 🤣
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Felony
  3. Granite
  4. Infraction
  5. Kraton 8S
  6. Kraton 6s
  7. Kraton EXB
  8. Outcast 6s
  9. Typhon 6s
Thinking of building a Granite 3s from scratch. Buying a chassis and using a lot of aftermarket parts to complete build. I know it’s going to be expensive, but I think the finished product will be well worth it. I bought my BR3S RTR and I ended up tearing the whole thing apart and upgrading it anyway. Looking for any help. Best sites to buy parts, best aftermarkets to use, etc....

Thanks

Thinking of building a Granite 3s from scratch. Buying a chassis and using a lot of aftermarket parts to complete build. I know it’s going to be expensive, but I think the finished product will be well worth it. I bought my BR3S RTR and I ended up tearing the whole thing apart and upgrading it anyway. Looking for any help. Best sites to buy parts, best aftermarkets to use, etc....

Thanks
Just got a granite 3s blx myself. Definitely not as many mods available for the 3s line as the 6s line.

JennyRC for stock parts
Hot Racing
GPM (coronavirus tho?! ?)

Used GPM on my BR3S and the tie rod ends broke first run. Their customer stinks. Wasn’t impressed after waiting two weeks for the parts to arrive. Hot racing isn’t bad. Don’t buy the servo saver.

Used GPM on my BR3S and the tie rod ends broke first run. Their customer stinks. Wasn’t impressed after waiting two weeks for the parts to arrive. Hot racing isn’t bad. Don’t buy the servo saver.
What!!!! That sucks that weren’t that great, others on here have warned against them but I got them anyway and they’ve been ?
The GPM tie rods on my granite have been way stronger than the stock ones, I’ve never bent or broken one?
And I’m not exactly easy on my rigs (sideways landings, full speed into poles and even an encounter with an angle grinder?) maybe try calling them?‍♂️ Good luck with your build btw, it will be epic!!!????

Meant to say customer service stinks. I was half asleep ???. It’s been a week since the last time I’ve spoken to someone at GPM. Could of just been a fluke. Probably air in the plastic mold or something. Only one broke on me. I just ordered some ends on amazon that should arrive today. Hopefully they’ll work. GPM has a bigger thread pattern than stock!??
3D7D9EFE-FF43-4D38-B97D-4BB20B22BE49.jpeg

Last edited:
Hot Racing makes more parts than needed. I would grab any stock parts from JRC or Lumidave.

HR parts I would score

Bellcrank
F/R hubs
Caster blocks
Motor mount
Metal diffs and covers
Aluminum yokes
10mm offset hexes
Aluminum pivot balls
Shock bodies

Skip the driveshafts and aluminum arms

I would get the Arrma CVDs, 4S slipper assembly, and 4S BLX120 ESC & 2400kv motor. Get some Fast Eddy bearings. MX28 Badlands. RPM arms

Last edited:
Just got word from GPM customer service that they shut the factory down because of the coronaviras. I don’t know when I’ll get answers on my broken tie rod ends. If anyone knows where I can get replacements, let me know. Arrrma stock ends are too small.

Not too many upgrades available for the 1/10 Arrma because you don't really need them. If you want it stronger get the 4s and only run 3s, maybe larger pinion. RPM arms, sealed bearings, better servo and radio, maybe different shocks or aluminum bodies when they get bad. My 4s shocks seem great as stock, they are larger diameter than the 3s. My limited experience with GPM is that it's crap. Hot racing pretty good, but I've never needed to upgrade hubs. Steering is a popular upgrade, but again I find the stock just fine with my Savox servo. More plastic = more flexibility and lighter. Waiting on the CVD axles for 4s from Arrma.

Will the Talion V4 6s shocks fit the Granite 3s?
They will be a few mm too long but just keep the preload all the way loose and it should be fine. At worst, you can slide a small piece of fuel tubing over the shock shaft between the bottom of the shock body and the piston. This will take a little length out of the shaft.

Thanks. Checking my options. The Hot Racing shock bodies I install on my BR3S haven’t leaked yet. They seem solid!??

A1624EBF-25E5-4E8A-8152-E49512F9777A.jpeg

Finally got my receiver and completed my Granite build. Wow, this thing is a beast with the blx120/2400kv combo. I tested it out on 3s and it’s hard to keep the front end on the ground. I can only imagine how fast this thing will be on 4s. Tomorrow I’ll find out. It’s pretty loud, probably because I changed the diff oil?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back