Granite Granite 4x2 Motor and Mount Issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Typhon 6s
Are there any upgraded options for the Granite Boost 4x2 motor mount, or a way to make the motor, or at least the screws that hold it more durable? I am now on my second motor with this problem because the screw holes keep loosening up, causing the screws to come out and the motor to shift around, losing the gearing. I drilled a new hole and even tried a tiny dab of Loctite on the screw tips in hopes that would help the screws hold. The car is by no means run hard in any way since it’s my younger son using on a 2S at 50% power, but it seems like every time he bumps into something, it knocks the motor off a little at a time until it just doesn’t run and I have to find a new way to make it stay put.

Clean the screw with motor spray or alcohol or something, put on locitite AND let it dry overnight.

Are there any upgraded options for the Granite Boost 4x2 motor mount, or a way to make the motor, or at least the screws that hold it more durable? I am now on my second motor with this problem because the screw holes keep loosening up, causing the screws to come out and the motor to shift around, losing the gearing. I drilled a new hole and even tried a tiny dab of Loctite on the screw tips in hopes that would help the screws hold. The car is by no means run hard in any way since it’s my younger son using on a 2S at 50% power, but it seems like every time he bumps into something, it knocks the motor off a little at a time until it just doesn’t run and I have to find a new way to make it stay put.
Are you putting the locktight on the screw threads? You mention putting on the tip?

If the boost motor is the same mount setup as the brushless blx, then you likely need to fill the space under the bottom of the motor. The blx 3660 motor looks like it rests on the bottom of the chassis, but it doesn’t. The end of the can is about 1/8” off the bottom (the heat sink accounts for most of that, but not all), and when you land a jump that little bit of play stresses the mount plate and pinion/spur mesh.

Maybe same setup issue for the boost brushed motor?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back