Granite Granite 4x4 3S BLX - 4S Tower2Tower center brace mod

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was looking at doing the T2T brace on my Granite, since I installed the 4s body mounts for my custom body already. Beside the brace with end pieces that Jenny's sells separately, you need the end pieces that mount to the towers, then also some screws and special slide pins, each is a separate part number. Buying all that seems costly.

Brace with ends from Jennys (via ebay) = $6.28
ARA320528 - tower mounts = $9.99
ARA320529 - brace mount slide pins = $7.98

Maybe you can get the nuts and screws from the local hardware store, but Arrma sells them in baggies too. I have a box full of hardware.

It would be nice if one of the breakers would sell this complete assembly rather than just the bar without the pieces to tie it onto the car.

Last edited:
I saw somewhere someone posted an Ebay screen shot of the parts grouped like this, but I don't see it available now.

I was looking at doing the T2T brace on my Granite, since I installed the 4s body mounts for my custom body already. Beside the brace with end pieces that Jenny's sells separately, you need the end pieces that mount to the towers, then also some screws and special slide pins, each is a separate part number. Buying all that seems costly.
The one from Jenny’s includes the hardware just need the shock tower mounting pieces and one screw per end.
Brace with ends from Jennys (via ebay) = $6.28
ARA320528 - tower mounts = $9.99
ARA320529 - brace mount slide pins = $7.98

Maybe you can get the nuts and screws from the local hardware store, but Arrma sells them in baggies too. I have a box full of hardware.

It would be nice if one of the breakers would sell this complete assembly rather than just the bar without the pieces to tie it onto the car.

Well, after a little more brains and muscle power - I think I have found a better solution.

you will need 2x AR320452 and use this part from it:
View attachment 64107

1x AR320357
View attachment 64108

as well as a few M3x12 and M3x16 screws and 2x M3 nuts if you go for the additional wing mount as I did

install it on the front like this, this is how it initially looked:
View attachment 64109

replace the mount completely and squeeze the post in place with a little bit of muscle power so it sits like this:

View attachment 64110

pay attention to the highlighted areas

View attachment 64111

install the body posts and you are good to go - do the same on the rear - if you pay a bit more attention to my setup I also added the rear wing mount to it - this works by adding everything to the wheelie bar first, folding everything upwards and then pushing the post connectors over

View attachment 64112

View attachment 64113

I cut the body to make space for the wing mount and also took a body reamer to the body to widen the post holes but all in all looks better and seems to work - test is still pending but as this is all from other models and supposed to work I don't expect any issues

View attachment 64115

I got a brand new body on the shelf after testing and having completely banged this one up I may finally replace it with a new one and the idea is to also add the grind protectors from the Kraton 4S on top of the body (cabin) as well as front to prevent further scratches to the body

All in all quite happy with this setup
Can you take a side picture so that I can see where you trimmed the body? I’ve gotten all the rest together. Thank you!

I run one for the wire management ???
So I thought I had it figured out But the body didnt line up with the posts. Noticed the posts were put on backwards in the pics above. Couldn’t get it, stock again now.
Jondilly, how did you mount your brace?

So I thought I had it figured out But the body didnt line up with the posts. Noticed the posts were put on backwards in the pics above. Couldn’t get it, stock again now.
Jondilly, how did you mount your brace?
Buy all this.
254refsdtled.jpg

Take off the body mounts.

Put everything circled in orange under the body mounts.
20200224_224752.jpg
20200224_224746.jpg

I have everything coming in on the 28th so I’ll try to put a video together over the weekend.
Thanks so much. I felt good that I was able to make everything work by putting everything on, then noticed the posts need to go on backwards for the body to line up. I will need a Kraton 4S wing, ordered the Typhon 3S without noticing. The Typon wing is too large looks wise. Looking forward to seeing you get the posts on.

Thanks so much. I felt good that I was able to make everything work by putting everything on, then noticed the posts need to go on backwards for the body to line up. I will need a Kraton 4S wing, ordered the Typhon 3S without noticing. The Typon wing is too large looks wise. Looking forward to seeing you get the posts on.

I ordered the Kraton wing along with the rest of it so I’ll attempt that install as well in the video. I’m no expert at this stuff so hopefully the video will be helpful lol. Might be a bit of trial and error but I’m gonna read up on the installs before doing it myself. It can’t be that hard, right?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back