justingentleman

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Granite
Does anyone know where I can find a how to for a bearing swap in a granite 4x4 3s blx? I have a fast eddy kit coming in the mail and need to find where all the bearings are going to go. Besides the exploited view of the parts does anyone have a simpler way?

cageywhite

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
You could go to jail for "exploited" views, be careful :oops::p.

That said, I have the kit also and I would love to know. I've done all the wheels, but nothing else.

TimePancake

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 3s
No problem ? the only thing that video doesn't show is how to change the bearings on the diff yokes. That bit can be tricky, as the one nearest the yoke is a real pita to get on /off.

Any issues we're always here ?

razorrc

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Kraton EXB
  3. Kraton 4s
  4. Outcast 4s
  5. Outcast 6s
  6. Outcast 8s
  7. Vorteks
No problem ? the only thing that video doesn't show is how to change the bearings on the diff yokes. That bit can be tricky, as the one nearest the yoke is a real pita to get on /off.

Any issues we're always here ?

Sorry, I definitely changed those 2 bearings, don't know why it's not in the video. Must've messed up during editing.

TimePancake

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 3s
It's a great vid! ? It's stuff like that answers all the silly little questions at you go along. The bit about moving the shim to the other side of the diff makes a huge difference. Thanks ?

chris_26

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Thanks from me as well. I just swapped out bearings this morning on my new Granite with this. I didn’t change the 2nd bearing on the diff yokes because it seemed SO DAMN TIGHT and I didn’t want to break it. I guess a heat gun would probably help.

razorrc

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Kraton EXB
  3. Kraton 4s
  4. Outcast 4s
  5. Outcast 6s
  6. Outcast 8s
  7. Vorteks
Thanks from me as well. I just swapped out bearings this morning on my new Granite with this. I didn’t change the 2nd bearing on the diff yokes because it seemed SO DAMN TIGHT and I didn’t want to break it. I guess a heat gun would probably help.

Nice! Someone mentioned putting it in the fridge/freezer and that would help. I haven't tried it, but sounds like it would work.

Arrmature

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Typhon 3s

A heat gun will only make it tighter. Try putting it in the freezer for half an hour. You should be able to pull the bearing off by hand. I got both mine off that way this past weekend.

chris_26

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Ok I’ll try the freezer method next time I pull that diff! ?