granite 4x4 blx 3s motor upgrade

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jason inman

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. 4x4-Mega
  3. BigRock 4x4
recently got involved with arrma rc vehicles never messed with arrma brand before and happy did so. my first was the granite blx3s 4x4 bought 2 months ago and then i bought the kraton 2018 v3 model (havnt ran it yet) i recently stumbled upon a 2050kv 4366 kraton v1 red can motor like new condition so i decided to throw it in my granite 4x4 with the 26tooth pinion. the motor wires pluged right in to the blx100 esc and im just running 3s. wow this thing is a true animal. i was running with my buddies new revo on 6s and he couldnt keep up!!! my little granite was really making that revo look weak!!im currently building a bigrock blx3s and im really thinking that truck would benifit more off the 2050kv motor because of the longer chassis. so far the motor remains around 80 degrees on 3s and the esc remains at low temps as well. it seems that the blx 100 can handle the 2050kv motor on 3s. whats your guys thoughts on running this 2050kv motor in the granite 4x4 with 3s power? in theory that larger motor should be easier on the esc than the stock 3200kv motor? or perhaps not because of the taller gearing? thanks guys
!!

yeah, that old short can v1 motor had a lot of ballz.... remember it could push the big heavy Kraton up to +60mph! It did like to run hot in my Kraton, though.

As for the black 4074 2050kv motor, a few of us run it in the 4x4. Personally, I would want more ESC than the BLX100. Maybe it can handle it for a few runs, but I'd bet it is working harder than would be healthy.

only thing ive notived about the esc is throttle responce has a little more of a delay than normal. then again it had the same delay when i put the 20 tooth pinion with the stock motor. my thoughts was... its a 100amp esc and only running 3s. and the motor is larger than the stock but not by a whole lot. its 6mm longer and 4mm larger in diameter but the kv is significatly lower than the stock motor so i figured that should even things out? i guess only time will tell. im wondering if it would be more suited to run a blx185 on 4s with the v1 red can motor? wonder if the footprint too large for the blx185 to fit in the granite/bigrock ? just weighing some options. also i need to get some better shocks on this rig. they leak like a fosset and there baicly like a couple months old. i hurd the typhon shocks are a nice upgrade?id need 2 front typon shocks and 2 rear typon shocks to make this work?sorry for the questions but i am a nebe when it comes to arrma

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back