Granite Granite 4x4 blx pinion spur mesh

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GraniteAndy88

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
So I installed a RR 20t pinion gear seems like the gear mesh is a bit tight...there is some play but not much...are the RR pinions a bit tighter than the aarma brand? Should I just get the adjustible motor mount?

So I installed a RR 20t pinion gear seems like the gear mesh is a bit tight...there is some play but not much...are the RR pinions a bit tighter than the aarma brand? Should I just get the adjustible motor mount?
You can either make the stock holes a little larger to give some adjustment or get the adjustable mount.

There is essentially no play at all in one spot while there is a tad bit in other spots.

That is quite common to see runout of the spur.. you can notch on of the holes to gain a touch of play, but realize you have to play happy medium with the runout.. a proper mesh in the tight spot will yeild to much slop in the opposite spot... so only go a touch with the elongated hole...

I left mine as is from the factory and let the spur wear in to concentric.. it doesn't take long for sure...

While the module is out I recommend sealing the lower opening before reinstalling...

Attachments

• 20200104_013708.jpg
    20200104_013708.jpg
    419.5 KB · Views: 52
I'm not sure I even wanna run a 20t now. I'm thinking 18 or 17..so I'd have to go the adjustible route anyways.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back