Granite Granite 4x4 body Choices

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vps1900

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
has anybody tried different body’s on there granit 4x4? What body will work I like MT look pictures would be great.

I was at a hobby shop last week and picked up one of these-
https://www.amainhobbies.com/proline-early-50s-chevy-pickup-body-clear-stampede-pro3255-00/p18672
Made for the Stampede. They had a Granite 4x4 there, and I kind of eyeballed the fit thru the plastic, and it looks like it might work. Have not started the paint yet. Trying to decided if I should try a old / rusted look, or something shiny.
Hey Jerry, Did you get a chance to paint it yet? I was wondering how it fit. Love the 50's pick-up look. Thinking about getting one.

No, not yet. Still in the package, on a peg in my garage. I was thinking of trying the 'old rusted truck' look, but that will take time to make it look good... So then I think, I'll just hit it with a single color, and run it. But, that would be so plain... LOL What to do...

In theory, I don't think that old rusted look would be to hard achieve. You just paint the rust spots on with a brush and then spray-paint the rest of it the color of your choice. I also like the 1972 Chevy body that Pro-Line makes but I'm a little nervous about how these stampede bodies are going to fit it on the mega granite 4x4. For now I just ordered a green granite body to replace my red one that is thrashed from Landing upside down a bunch of times during failed backflip attemps. I have come to the conclusion that it can not backflip on 2s with a brushless motor.

I did see one write-up that seemed not too tough -

1- paint the inside rust orange.
2- paint the outside primer grey.
3 - springkle salt on the tacky but not wet paint - not a lot, just a touch here and there.
4 - Paint with final color.
5 - 'overspray' with white or tan or black or all three, to give it a bit of 'dirty faded' look.
6 - brush off salt - this will leave 'primer' spots.
7 - use a q-tip and acitone to rub thru some spots where you want the rust to show..

With the final paint on the outside, as you crash it, the paint will get scratched off, revealing more 'rust' as the body ages.

Seems easy, but lots of steps. And I need more time... LOL

Lots of steps to get that look. More involved than I thought. You should do a how-to video when you paint yours! You do A nice job explaining things in your videos.

Did that body end up fitting? I'd like to get some different bodies and knowing that your fit would make it easy for me. Thanks!

I want an old F100 body style. Something like this which I have for my Savage X.

IMG_0907.JPG

I have a 72 Chevy "Long Bed" body from Proline. It's on another vehicle, but I've matched it up with the Granite and it's a great fit.

IMG_2998.JPG IMG_2997.JPG This Proline Bulldog (for RC10, if memory serves) seems to line up nicely. I'd try it if I hadn't already cut holes in it for an Evader. Would require a little extra trimming, including some trimming of the body mount flanges, but could fit well and look pretty cool...like a mini-e-Kraton (MERK)?

https://photos.app.goo.gl/4aEHN2scyGznBhVD7

Last edited:
So this should be showing up at home today. Does anyone have experience with these types of bodies? I think it should fit ok from the measurements they provided. I couldn't pass it up for the price. Hopefully, it will take some abuse. I will report back once I get time to see if it fits.
upload_2018-7-19_9-17-34.png

Blue 1/10 Scale Truck Body for RC Radio Control Electric Nitro Truck 15x5.5"

Un-cut Body, measurements are taken from inside of Truck Body
upload_2018-7-19_9-17-34.png

EB4C4A5D-3303-4182-852E-6641953572CA.jpeg 43219E1B-461B-4102-A464-CD4A9324D9A7.jpeg E8E7F901-F4F7-4561-8AC7-6884360549EC.jpeg

Proline Raptor for the Stampede. Part# 3470-00. Has to trim the front bumper. If they make extended body posts, that would have worked. I did raise the stock posts but it wasn’t enough.

IMG_1210.JPG
I recently did this body, after a long hiatus. It's the clear one I posted sitting on my Granite a few posts above. I brushed "liquid mask" in it a few years ago, and it was still pliable! Also a rattle-can job (wanted to keep it simple). All the "can-colors" I wanted to use were almost empty, and I didn't feel like digging out the airbrush (first mistake). So I used colors I had, most of which ran out before I could get a fully opaque coat of color (second mistake). Then I whipped out the "window tint" color...when am I gonna learn (third mistake)? Really looked ok until I over did the window tint, which bled through all the color (as seen in the corners), Ugh! It is fitted to my Duratrax Evader ST.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back