Granite 4x4 body posts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeremy in WI

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Granite
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Typhon 3s
Can anyone guide me towards a longer set of body posts for the granite? I'm looking for something about 1" to 1.5" longer. Or does someone make extenders? Google is failing me tonight.

If I can't find anything, I might buy some 8mm and 10mm brass tubing and see if I can rig something up to make my own. It seems like there would be something already made that would work. Maybe I'll take a field trip to the hobby shop tomorrow and do some digging.

Well post some pics of whatever you end up doing please. My posts are slowly shrinking everytime my truck flips it shaves off more and more of the top. I'm starting to look at velcro as an option to putting bodies on these things, it would eliminate all the hassle of body pins.

I don't know what to do about the tops getting shaved down, short of adding something to the body that sticks out further than the posts. Kind of a donor skid piece. I'm actually looking to raise the posts to reach a different body.

A few more centimeters makes a big difference. I bought all new stock body posts for mine but in the end they are just gonna end up wrecked too if I don't find a better way to take care of them.

I bought some all- thread bolts. about 3 inches long. drill a hole right through the center of the body pin holders. thread the bolts through the holes. place 1 nut on each post about 1 inch up from bottom. adjust accordingly depending on height you prefer. mark bolts. cut them off. use thumb screws instead of body clips. paint them whatever color you want. at night...when your going 40...and manage to flip over during a wheelie......you get a poop load of Sparks. Also keeps concrete from grinding down the body posts. whole thing costs 5 bucks. buy extra nuts!!!

Attachments

• 20190129_001243.jpg
    20190129_001243.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 73
  • 20190129_001231.jpg
    20190129_001231.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 70
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back