Granite Granite 4x4 Mega Parts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

balvarez

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Last week my sons granite has been making an odd grinding noise it seems. I’m thinking the slipper clutch gear plastic is getting worn down. I was looking at replacing the pinion to a 15/16T. Should I upgrade the other at the same time and what would you all recommend for that? Also note after tonight it definitely had a nice smell of burning plastic or something. So who knows what I’ll find when I open it up later.
thanks.

How much are you looking to upgrade? You could replace the spur and gear up on the pinion. If you don't want to change much, Hot Racing offers a steel 91T spur that is the same pitch as the Megas (48 pitch).

You could also upgrade to the brushless 0.8MOD gears but you'd probably need to upgrade the motor as well (unless you can find a 5mm 48 pitch pinion) and depending on whether or not you have a V3, there are a couple of other things that would/should need to be upgraded.

It’s the v3 mega. Yea not looking to upgrade a whole lot. Obviously down the road probably convert to brushless. Just wanting to make it a little more reliable.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back