Granite 4x4 Mega Tires vs BLX Tires

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adamator

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Hey all,

So I got my first RC recently, a Granite Mega 4x4. It didn‘t take me long for the upgrade bug to bite and now it’s a full Brushless truck that I run 2S and 3S on. I don’t go flat out too much, but when I do, I get bad tire ballooning at around 35 MPH and really bad when I use the 3S LiPo and push speeds around 50.

I was comparing the Mega and BLX on Arrma’s website and near I can tell, the tires the Mega comes with vs the BLX are pretty darn similar other than the color…and it seems the foam inserts on the BLX Tires are firm vs the MEGA’s being “Medium.”

Would the foam insert make a big difference on how bad ballooning is? I realize I’m driving my Mega faster that it was intended, where as the BLX can go about 50 out of the box.

What I am wondering/getting at is: Would I benefit from getting some tires made for the BLX?

I think they are the exact same wheels and tires. Could be wrong not a pro at all.
Maybe wheels are diff col
That’s what I’m afraid of. The ones from the BLX cost a few dollars more per pair of 2, but I don’t know if that’s due to them being “Gun Metal” or iff there is more to it. The listing for each tire set seems identical, including inserts, except the price. Except when you compare the 2 trucks:

https://www.arrma-rc.com/vehicle-comparison/ARA4202V3T1/ARA4302V3T1

Only on that page does it mention the inserts being different for each truck.

With how bad my tires balloon at 50 mph, I was thinking The model that comes stock to run 50 mph would have to have better tires. Am I wrong?

I think that one time is probably just a typo I would imagine they are the same wheels and tires just different color wheels don't stress on it that much certain it won't be that much of a difference no matter. Are the tires that you run now vented?

I think that one time is probably just a typo I would imagine they are the same wheels and tires just different color wheels don't stress on it that much certain it won't be that much of a difference no matter. Are the tires that you run now vented?
Yeah they have holes in them. It’s nothing I did though, they Came that way.

So I double checked with some more exp folks. And yes only color is diff nothing else.
Thank you for doing that!
At 50mph most basher tire is gonna be ballooning. Or go with a belted tire. Granite tires arent made that way. Proline. And duratrax have lots of options
I’m not opposed to trying another brand. Any recommendation for a tire that might handle ballooning better but it still made for a Monster Truck?

Look at duratrax, proline, louise is duratrax just in UK. Just make sure they are belted. Other than that its up to u. Lots of talk about the proline trenchers 2.8 belted.
I’ll take a look, thank you. What about the hex size? I hear not everything used what my truck has, 14mm. Is that hard to change, or do I just replace the hex and I’m set for a different size?

Is Duratrax not as good as Proline? I see these, https://www.amazon.com/Duratrax-Binder-Belted-Mounted-DTXC5543/dp/B08C7CHZRP which aren’t as expensive as the Proline, but they also aren’t as well reviewed. I see some Proline ones called Badlands that seem popular…if expensive.

I’ll take a look, thank you. What about the hex size? I hear not everything used what my truck has, 14mm. Is that hard to change, or do I just replace the hex and I’m set for a different size?

Is Duratrax not as good as Proline? I see these, https://www.amazon.com/Duratrax-Binder-Belted-Mounted-DTXC5543/dp/B08C7CHZRP which aren’t as expensive as the Proline, but they also aren’t as well reviewed. I see some Proline ones called Badlands that seem popular…if expensive.
Yes u can just change hex. Or u can upgrade axles and all by going up to the 17mm. The typhon is 17mm. So u could use those.
It's a toss up depending who u ask. I run the proline badlands mx. They make a belted version also. Very gripy so concrete and grass is touchy. Great on loose terrain. Traction rolls are easy flipped.

Yes u can just change hex. Or u can upgrade axles and all by going up to the 17mm. The typhon is 17mm. So u could use those.
It's a toss up depending who u ask. I run the proline badlands mx. They make a belted version also. Very gripy so concrete and grass is touchy. Great on loose terrain. Traction rolls are easy flipped.
What is a traction roll?

What is a traction roll?
In a curve if your back end doesn't loose a bit of traction then you have to slow waaaayyy down to make the turn. Having too much traction. It then flips or rolls. That's your traction roll. The tires are high traction. If u tone down the tread and pattern of the tires (less aggressive) then in a curve u will loose traction allowing your backend to swing with the vehicle not pushing thru the vehicle

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back