Granite 4x4 or 2wd brushless?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evolutionpixelrc

Reaction score
hey guys looking to pick up either the 4x4 brushed version or 2wd brushless version thoughts? what would be the better buy?

thanks,
evo

I can't comment on a 2wd brushless as I have owned a mega for a while now but it's been great after upgrading the trans gears to metal and a hitec servo up front also. I installed a Traxxas 12t motor for bit more power. Been durable for sure. My buddy got a new mega 4x4 3 weeks ago and he had to upgrade the servo quickly. Other than that it's been great and tough too. It's a great truck to work on, that I can surely say. Laid out nicely for servicing! There's one thing that is kinda lousy and that is the truck nosedives bad when in the air. Throttle doesn't seem to help. It's annoying to him, but he's still happy with it.

I should mention the mega 4x4 handles great also

I can only comment on the 2wd blx. Its a great truck but be ready to do a little upgrades on it to make it a little more durable. Broke both front turnbuckles the first time taking it to the track. Other then that, i have been pretty impressed with it

If you're gonna drive it in grass or really rough terrain get the 4x4. Otherwise 2wd is still really fun on smoother surfaces. Personally I would go 4x4 and then upgrade to a brushless setup like a castle 3800kv SCT which is only ~$100 down the road.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back